We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going back in Deecember, SL GF looks sold out?

Mexico City...
Level Contributor
309 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Going back in Deecember, SL GF looks sold out?

I would never had though that I'd be going back so soon. We want to stay in the GF (we loved it last time!) We're planning to go as close as Xmas as possible, but still within the low season prices, but for some reason, the GF is unavailable on some of those days! Do you know if we could just pay for the access to the lounge? The rooms are the Montana kind aand as far as I know those are the same standard as the GF.

Thanks!

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,467 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Going back in Deecember, SL GF looks sold out?

No you can't pay for access to the GF Lounge whilst there.

Keep looking, a poster recently had the same result in the morning but tried again in the evening (or a day later) and GF was available to book.

Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Going back in Deecember, SL GF looks sold out?

It was I who found the availability changed in the evening.

I also spoke directly to 2 different reps on the phone, and 1 on the chat and they all advised me that there is no possible way to have access to any GF stuff unless you are in one of the rooms.

I even offered to pay the full cost of an upgrade just for access and they said no.

TBH, I think this is a really good thing. It means that the services that GF guests are paying for, are exclusive for them. Of course, it's not a good thing for your current situation! I hope you are able to find what you need.

I was playing with some Christmas bookings yesterday and thought that I saw GF available for the 2 weeks prior to Christmas :)

Mexico City...
Level Contributor
309 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Going back in Deecember, SL GF looks sold out?

MMMM, so it means that I should really book asap but hubby wants to wait until late September, I'm starting to worry that we won't find any GF rooms :(

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,467 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Going back in Deecember, SL GF looks sold out?

I agree Ben, it is a good idea and I'm glad they enforce this rule.

The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
1,915 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Going back in Deecember, SL GF looks sold out?

I am not sure of your exact dates but the Dutch site is showing pretty much full availabilty of the first 3 weeks of december?

Mexico City...
Level Contributor
309 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Going back in Deecember, SL GF looks sold out?

I'm planning to go as close to the 24th as possible, 5 days, 4 nights , so I plan to arrive the 16th the earliest

Mexico City...
Level Contributor
309 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Going back in Deecember, SL GF looks sold out?

Just realized there are no characters at the hotel anymore... so what's the point of GF???

Level Contributor
52 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Going back in Deecember, SL GF looks sold out?

You will still get:

- room in the main building with fridge, kettle and coffee machine

- private check in desk

- GF breakfast room with hot and cold breakfast items and no need to book timed slots

- free soft drinks in the GF lounge each afternoon/evening

- free snacks/cakes between 4pm and 6pm in the GF lounge.

Mexico City...
Level Contributor
309 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Going back in Deecember, SL GF looks sold out?

I loved it because of the characters, the coffee free drink was a nice bonus, but we only made use of them twice. during our stay, back to the drawing board for me :(

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,467 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Going back in Deecember, SL GF looks sold out?

I couldn't care less if the characters are there or not (sorry) for me the GF is about the relaxed atmosphere and the other perks that come with it. To have a quiet place to relax in with refreshments is invaluable to me and my OH.