We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looks like the Inventions buffet dinner is mainly seafood :(

Looks like the Inventions buffet dinner is mainly seafood :(

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 November 2014, 15:41
Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looks like the Inventions buffet dinner is mainly seafood :(

Hi, we eat at Inventions quite a lot, most recently was last Sunday and I think it's a bit of a myth that that the buffet is mainly seafood.

There's an impressive array of seafood in the starter section but lots of other lovely salads too. The mains consist equally of fish and meat dishes. However, there usually tends to be only one or two real vegetarian options - on Sunday there was a pasta dish and a risotto. There's also a good selection of vegetable side dishes.

The kids section invariably has a cheese and tomato pizza.

I don't think you would struggle too much to put a great meal together.

Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looks like the Inventions buffet dinner is mainly seafood :(

Have you added the meal at Auberge to your package and paid in advance? The 12pm slot tends to be reserved largely for guests who have done this.

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
727 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looks like the Inventions buffet dinner is mainly seafood :(

I was a bit concerned about Inventions being mainly seafood too, especially cold seafood. I don't mind lobster or crabs (hot) but don't like prawns, squid or salmon and would always order meat or chicken in a restaurant. However I have done a bit of research and there seems to be a good variety of foods and I am happy that there will be enough options for us to eat. Also it will give me the opportunity to try new things and not worry if I don't like it.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
743 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looks like the Inventions buffet dinner is mainly seafood :(

Hi , we don't eat fish at all and my kids are not meat waters , we were surprised at how much we were all able to eat at Inventions , you should be fine . I made my meal mainly of the vegetable side dishes the dauphinois potatoes are fabulous .

South East England...
Level Contributor
2,031 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looks like the Inventions buffet dinner is mainly seafood :(

Hmm, we were a bit disappointed I have to say but I know that we are generally in the minority and I think we may have been unlucky with our lack of character interaction. We're not seafood fans but we are meat eaters - unfortunately for me I don't like veal or ox which were the main choices although there was chicken so I was fine on that count. Ds had meatballs and pasta - he doesn't like chips so was fine that there weren't any but might be worth bearing in mind if your dd likes them. I ate platefuls of dauphinoise, which is my absolute favourite (my waistline hates me!!) but they were probably the most expensive potatoes I've ever eaten haha.

6. Re: Looks like the Inventions buffet dinner is mainly seafood :(

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 November 2014, 15:41
Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looks like the Inventions buffet dinner is mainly seafood :(

Hi, you should be able to add meals to your package once the prices are released in the next brochure in late October/early November.

Edited: 22 August 2014, 19:15
Neath, United...
Level Contributor
1,356 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Looks like the Inventions buffet dinner is mainly seafood :(

hi

I thought I read in another thread that you can buy BBWWS tickets cheaper through third party rather than direct with Disney unless you want the category 1 tickets ?. I'm sure someone else can confirm this

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
727 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Looks like the Inventions buffet dinner is mainly seafood :(

So can anyone that has recently been there give a brief rundown of the foods that are there? Mains really. I don't like ox or eat veal either.

Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Looks like the Inventions buffet dinner is mainly seafood :(

However, if you want to wait until after Christmas to add them then you shouldn't have any problems with availability.

Edited: 22 August 2014, 19:18