We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

no direct eurostar on a thursday

Newton Aycliffe...
Level Contributor
95 posts
Save Topic
no direct eurostar on a thursday

I have just been speaking to Eurostar re my compensation for my delay in July and they made me aware that they are going to be trialing not having a direct service on a Thursday to add to the Tuesday and Saturday that they don't do direct now. Just thought would let people know.

Nijmegen...
Level Contributor
3,500 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: no direct eurostar on a thursday

Yes this was an unpleasant surprise after I'd already booked. I'll now be travelling via Gare du Nord

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
53,901 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: no direct eurostar on a thursday

Hi ian,

Yes we had discussions about this when we heard some time ago. Without the direct service on a Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday it limits people booking with the 2nts plus 2 nights free offer to Monday - Friday or Wednesday - Sunday if they want to go direct. As weekends are very busy in DLP, the Monday and Friday trains are going to be the most popular and get booked up far more quickly now.

Edited: 31 August 2014, 13:42
Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: no direct eurostar on a thursday

Hi when does this start as I travelled last week on Tuesday direct and back home yesterday direct on Eurostar.

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,901 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: no direct eurostar on a thursday

Hi Chewy - the direct train runs every day during UK school holidays usually, which is why you could do this last week.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: no direct eurostar on a thursday

Ah makes sense thanks

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: no direct eurostar on a thursday

Can't do a link on my phone but on the Eurostar website there's a detailed timetable showing exactly which days the direct train is running over the next 6 months or so.

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,901 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: no direct eurostar on a thursday

Can you give the link later Lelly? I can only see the timetables for London - Paris and London - Brussels, not London - MLV Chessy.

8. Re: no direct eurostar on a thursday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2015, 05:16