We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drinks and snacks for GF rooms

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
728 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Drinks and snacks for GF rooms

Just a quick clarification really. I understand we get free drinks (soft drinks and hot drinks) as part of our package in the GF room. Do the hot drinks include drinks like cappuccino, latte etc or is it just normal coffee and tea? Also what time are the drinks available? Do we have to sit in the lounge to drink them or could we go back to our room?

Is it cakes only or is there other snacks? Just trying get to work out whether it is worth making the trip back most afternoons.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
754 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Drinks and snacks for GF rooms

Hi , in your room you have a kettle and a nespresso machine with a few coffee pods , tea bags etc..

Drinks in the lounge include juice , coke , milk , cappuccino, latte , teas , hot choc and bottled water.

There are cakes from 4-6 in the lounge, also fruit basket and sweets.

Neath, United...
Level Contributor
1,356 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Drinks and snacks for GF rooms

hi

I have stayed at GF before and was able to take bottled drinks away for the next day for the parks (last Feb) but I have read recent reports that the Cm's are trying to clamp down from guests doing that now because they have been taking drinks for non-GF guests/friends

Lancashire
Level Contributor
688 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Drinks and snacks for GF rooms

There was a selection of cakes, sweets and a giant fresh fruit basket. This was popular with our 2.

Haacht, Belgium
Level Contributor
847 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Drinks and snacks for GF rooms

The drinks and snacks from GF were never intended to take out yet people started stocking up on them to take to the parks and such.

They don't mind you grabbing a drink and sitting in the main bar area with it if you like sitting by that fire place but obviously they will frown upon people stocking up cans and bottles of water to fill up their backpacks for the parks.

I honestly don't understand people doing so neither, you've payed for drinks IN a lounge, not for all inclusive drinks in the parks.

If people start misusing this I'm afraid it's just another perk they will take away in the end and start offering reduced prices instead of free drinks to make sure people only order what they are planning to drink then and there.

Neath, United...
Level Contributor
1,356 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Drinks and snacks for GF rooms

I don't feel this is anything like the old breakfast debate of making up packed lunch from breakfast items as it breakfast is already included in the price of your hotel package, people already spend a vast amount of money on hotels,gifts and dining. it's not cheap to upgrade either to a higher standard of room to have the extra perks to go with that upgrade price, I don't see it as free drinks as it is something you have paid extra for, I don't have a problem with guests taking the odd bottle of drink with them whether its to take with them to the park or to the room for something to drink before bed or when getting up in the morning (I am the same at home with a bottle of water on the side of my bed) at the same time I wouldn't like guests to take advantage by stocking up on bottles with enough drink to feed the 5000.

Barnstaple, United...
Level Contributor
1,375 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Drinks and snacks for GF rooms

In August on 2 occasions in our 4 night stay, we were offered drinks to take away with us. This was mainly after we had spent some time in their and had a drink and relaxed. The cms in there were lovely, having read various things on here before we went, we never helped ourselves to drinks but waited to be served. The afternoon tea choice was delicious! There was a good range of drinks, am on phone so cant see what people have written. We had juice, tea, coffee, hot choc, coke, fanta, cold choc/milkshake and still and sparkling water.

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
728 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Drinks and snacks for GF rooms

Thanks for all the replies. My query about whether or not we could take something back to our room was in relation to a cup of coffee. I wouldn't take cold drinks back for use in the park the next day as I personally like cold drinks so prefer to buy in the park when I'm thirsty.

I just thought we would likely go to the lounge for a nightcap daily (I used to go past Starbucks every evening) but as my son is only 3 thought he might be tired and not want to sit around in the lounge so wondered if it was an option to take it back to the room?

I think my son will love the cakes and sweets though in the afternoon!

Neath, United...
Level Contributor
1,356 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Drinks and snacks for GF rooms

TBH I didn't notice if they had take-away cups for coffee/tea/hot chocolate or if it was the normal cups/saucers, and you have coffee/tea making facilities in GF rooms as well.

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
601 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Drinks and snacks for GF rooms

I do have to say that I feel if you have paid to upgrade it is not unreasonable for a party of 2 adults and 2 children to take a couple of small bottles of water and a couple of cokes from the lounge late in tgd evening before bed for use during the park for the following day! Especially considering we would only come backfor one drink in late afternoon maybe a couple of times over the course of 4 nights. Also my kids will be way too excited to eat breakfast so can't see thd problem on taking a pastry/croissant that they ordinarily would have eaten that will placate them in the park whilst waiting in the inevitable queues! Please don't get me wrong I am certainly not advocating a full pack up lunch and enough drinks for a football team though! I will be taking the kids drink cups and asking the CM's for a juice water mix from breakfast to take too! Considering my kids will be 3 and 5 I don't consider any of this unreasonable as long as people don't take the widdle and take over and above what is reasonable!

Hastings, United...
Level Contributor
455 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Drinks and snacks for GF rooms

Completely agree Libby.

Get answers to your questions about Disneyland Paris
More Disneyland Paris Topics