We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coffee shop using fresh skimmed milk

London
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Topic
Coffee shop using fresh skimmed milk

Hello I am visiting in August and would love to know if there are any coffee shops selling coffee made with skimmed milk.

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
4,783 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coffee shop using fresh skimmed milk

very unlikely.I only know of Mercadona selling a fresh milk and even that has something done to it because the use by date is usually a month away.

We bought fresh from our local supermarket, who no longer sell it, when we first moved to Spain but even rushing it to the fridge it went off much much quicker than we were used to in the UK.

So UHT it is. Actually it really tastes different with whole and semi skimmed but with skimmed the difference is small and we got used to it very quickly.

Hampshire, UK
Level Contributor
5,031 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coffee shop using fresh skimmed milk

I can't actually think of a Coffee Shop in Meloneras. There are plenty of bars/restaurants that serve coffee, but I can't recall a dedicated coffee shop...

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
4,783 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coffee shop using fresh skimmed milk

I think dedicated cofffee shops are very rare anywhere in Spain. You usually have coffee in a place which also does tapas or is even a full blown restaurant.

There are some that do cakes and pastries rather than cooked food I can think of in PDI and perhaps Rokoko at the back of the Yumbo, same road as Hotel Neptuno, would be worth a try. Nice coffee and people anyway. Also a couple in the Yumbo itself.

In Meloneras only the Cafe de Paris by the lighthouse springs to mind.

London, England
Level Contributor
8,438 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Coffee shop using fresh skimmed milk

You can buy fresh milk in a supermarket, although I don't remember seeing skimmed. I don't know why, but the cream always seems to separate from the rest of the milk. It only lasts for a couple of days, maximum in the fridge. Look for 'leche fresca' on the carton.

The coffee made in bars will be made from UHT milk. I don't know if they will have skimmed milk, but you can ask. It is 'leche denatada' in Spanish.

England
Level Contributor
4,695 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Coffee shop using fresh skimmed milk

What about cafe duo pdi just north of the yumbo

London, England
Level Contributor
8,438 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Coffee shop using fresh skimmed milk

Oops, meant to say 'leche desnatada'.

7. Re: Coffee shop using fresh skimmed milk

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 February 2015, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about Meloneras
More Meloneras Topics