We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Left Luggage in Truro

Which Truro hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
England, United...
Level Contributor
68 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Left Luggage in Truro

Does anyone know of anywhere in Truro where I can leave a large rucksack for the day? I will be arriving by train and hope to visit the museum and the cathedral before going back to the train station.

Thank you

26 replies to this topic
Newquay, United...
Destination Expert
for Newquay, Cornwall
Level Contributor
2,437 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Left Luggage in Truro

There is a railway station there you could try them.

Truro, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Left Luggage in Truro

i can confirm that truro station has a left luggage storage facility

England, United...
Level Contributor
68 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Left Luggage in Truro

I am just back from my trip to Cornwall. I asked at Truro station but there is no left luggage facility near by. The Royal Cornwall Museum (reluctantly) looked after my rucksack but only when I was in the museum.

Cornwall,UK
Destination Expert
for Cornwall, Isles of Scilly
Level Contributor
3,482 posts
301 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Left Luggage in Truro

{{i can confirm that truro station has a left luggage storage facility}}

Thats interesting, because according to First Great Western who operate the station, there are no left luggage facilities at Truro, or any other station in Cornwall. Do you know something that i'm not aware of?

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,546 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Left Luggage in Truro

I'd like to know that too, because the first thing I did when I saw this post was to google Truro station and check. No left luggage facilities.

6. Re: Left Luggage in Truro

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 14 June 2012, 13:05

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,546 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Left Luggage in Truro

very strange that the station staff appear to be unaware of this then, as the OP has reported that he asked at the station and was told there wasn't any facility.

England, United...
Level Contributor
68 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Left Luggage in Truro

Perhaps I should clarify what I found out. I asked the station staff about left luggage and they politely explained that due to security they couldn’t offer this facility and that they didn’t know anywhere nearby. I also asked Hertz rental and they weren’t able to help. The national rail website makes it clear that Truro station does NOT have left luggage storage.

I did not see any sign indicating left luggage. I wonder if the sign is old and out of date.

I had a great few days in Cornwall. I am saddened that my straightforward original forum question has prompted a rather nasty and aggressive reply. Previously I have found the Trip Advisor forums to have generated banter that is polite, friendly and helpful.

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,546 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Left Luggage in Truro

I am glad you enjoyed your time in Cornwall, and thank you for being so clear in your response.

Don't let some poster spoil your stay, the rest of us are very friendly.

Cornwall,UK
Destination Expert
for Cornwall, Isles of Scilly
Level Contributor
3,482 posts
301 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Left Luggage in Truro

Its not a case of discrediting anybody, but providing accurate information for the OP, which you didn't do. If the owners of the station say there aren't facilities and the OP was told there aren't, then you are misleading them, which was what i was trying to clear up . Lighten up.

Reply to: Left Luggage in Truro
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted