We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 or 3 days of touring

Midland, TX
Level Contributor
2,292 posts
169 reviews
Save Topic
2 or 3 days of touring

Hi. I think I may get to come to Cornwall! I'm thinking of coming into London, then taking a train to Truro and touring a few days, then going back to Oxfordshire to visit some friends and see a few places I missed when I was there before. I don't like to spend a lot of time seeing various places. I like to see them and move on after a few pix. I think I will get into Truro late afternoon. Will I then need two or three days to see the main sites? I will have someone to guide me and drive me. Thank goodness! I especially want to see St. Isaacs, the cliffs and waves, some lighthouses, some lighthouses, maybe a castle, and St. Michael's. I know I could spend a lifetime and not see everything, but could you see the highlights in two days or do you need three? I won't have more than three. Just opinions. I know there is no definite answer. Thanks so much.

12 replies to this topic
Midland, TX
Level Contributor
2,292 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: 2 or 3 days of touring

We are staying in Truro because we are staying at a B&B there. The proprietor and his sons will drive us around. They promise to show us as much as they gracefully can. We will have most of one day, then two more full days. We will leave sometime the next day on the train for Reading. We'll undoubtedly want to come back to Cornwall, but we are self-employed and just can't afford to be off work tooooo long. We want to spend some time in Oxfordshire with the friends we made when we stayed at their B&B last summer and see some of the things we missed around there. Thanks so much for your helpful suggestions.

Cornwall, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall, Isles of Scilly
Level Contributor
1,848 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: 2 or 3 days of touring

At least staying in Truro you won't be short of places to go to eat.

Reply to: 2 or 3 days of touring
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted