We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with birthday idea

Alexandria, Virginia
Level Contributor
467 posts
238 reviews
Save Topic
Help with birthday idea

Hello! Just booked 7 nights in december at the Kapalua Villas. It will be my dads 70th birthday and I want to do something special that day/night. He loves to fish but Im not sure about chartering a boat or anything else. Does anyone have any ideas you can throw my way? It will also be my birthday and my husbands birthday the next day :) Thanks!

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,694 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with birthday idea

One of the sunset cruises that leave from Kaanapali Beach would be fun...check out Teralani, Trilogy and Gemini. Stop into Leilani's after for a huge slice of Hula Pie, tell them it's a birthday and they provide a candle!

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
45,244 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with birthday idea

Well, December babies DO rule, you know. There are a couple outstanding restaurants close to you - Merrimans and Pineapple Grill come to mind. And there are many others to the south - Napili, Ka'anapali and Lahaina. What exactly would you all want?

For a day-time activity ... I would go to Haleakala. You don't have to do sunrise. Seeing the crater is one of those WOW moments appropriate for a milestone birthday.

Alexandria, Virginia
Level Contributor
467 posts
238 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with birthday idea

well my dad loves geology and anything nature so Haleakala would be a nice idea :)

I think I was thinking of something along the lines of nature/water. Something memorable so he could look back and say "I spent my 70th there!" if that makes sense. He is also an amateur astronomer...

There is too much to choose from! LOL. I guess I should think about it more.

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
61,793 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with birthday idea

Aloha,

Barefoot is needed here.........her hubby is also an astronomer, and belongs to a club that does tours and viewings at Haleakala. The nightscape there is truly famous and would be memorable!!!

You could plan a night viewing, if it works schedule-wise, and maybe do a sunset cruise the day before or day after.

The Hyatt in Kaanapali also has a rooftop telescope and a star viewing 'tour'.

5. Re: Help with birthday idea

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 November 2013, 10:19
Get answers to your questions about Kapalua
Recent Conversations