We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon Kapalua, need some quick help.

Which Kapalua hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
12 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Honeymoon Kapalua, need some quick help.

Hello Everyone,

A miracle happened and looks like I can Honeymoon in Hawaii and looking for some help. Kapalua is where I was looking to stay due to snorkeling reviews I have read and I am pretty sure we will be doing our closeout dives for PADI there also. We will be going for 8 days in May and really looking for advise on where to stay. If there is a dive shop that has cute rooms or condo rentals or whatever. Not looking to spend a fortune ($1500ish) but also will be our Honeymoon. We are not your "Need 5 Star" couple but do appreciate service and value. Anything you guys can do to guide me would be amazing thanks a bunch.

Kaykwok

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
42,339 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon Kapalua, need some quick help.

Always count your nights. 7? I'd look at Napili and Ka'anapali. More in your budget and not far from Kapalua. Do you have a map of Maui??

BTW - you will find great snorkeling in several places around Maui. Please don't confine yourself to Kapalua (although lovely).

Do you have your car reserved yet??

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
43,064 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon Kapalua, need some quick help.

A nightly accommodations budget would be very helpful. Your descriptions are nice but don't mean a darn thing to me!!

California
Level Contributor
5,758 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon Kapalua, need some quick help.

Although Kapalua Villas would be the best pick for the area, your price range sounds like more like one of several Napili area condo properties.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
12 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon Kapalua, need some quick help.

wow super quick responses!

-Thanks all it is 8 nights we will be there.

-Was not thinking of a car but if we need it so be it.

-Price per night (hotel + Breakfast = ideal) $175ish but flexible just don't want to spend $200 a night just to sleep if that makes sense we will not be in our room much at all. But if you have a resort in mind that has pool ect with breakfast $200.00 per night is doable. After all it is Hawaii and may be a long while before I ever get back there.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
12 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon Kapalua, need some quick help.

After looking into BLBL's Msg I guess I should clear something up. Anywhere from Lahaina to Kapalua looks cool to me it's only like 10miles. I was meaning more that North West section of Maui sorry should have been a bit more clear. It just looks really pretty up there.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
42,339 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon Kapalua, need some quick help.

Yes, it is pretty. And your budget is rather low - unless you can nab a condo.

I would not opt for a breakfast package if one is offered. Too many fun places to have breakfast in that area.

Reserve your car now.

Newport Beach...
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Honeymoon Kapalua, need some quick help.

First, congratulations on your wedding and honeymoon! Maui is a beautiful place for a honeymoon!

Second: you will most definitely need a car there. It's very easy to rent one at the airport and the island roads are pretty straightforward. Our first few times we rented a convertible....so fun! But be aware the trunk is super small so you end up putting all your luggage in the backseat!

I would suggest looking at Vacation Rentals By Owner (VRBO.com) for your lodging. They have a plethora of rentals in all price ranges and locations. We always use that website to book our condos when we stay in Maui. Be aware that some condos do not come with air conditioning so if that's important to you be sure to double check if your condo does.

Napili Bay has a wide range of condos for rent, from very basic to more upscale. It's only one bay away from Kapalua and it's location boasts a really good restaurant on one end of the bay at the Napili Kai resort called "The Sea House."

There is also a little store that sits behind the condo's which is very convenient.

So, good luck and happy planning! To me that's half the fun!

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,395 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Honeymoon Kapalua, need some quick help.

Take a look at the Mauian on Napili Bay. A little different. Defiantely not for techies. The only t.v. is in the breakfast lounge. You are right on the sandy beach.

Fountain Valley...
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Honeymoon Kapalua, need some quick help.

Kaleialoha is in your budget. We went last year, and it is right on the water. You can get your own breakfast groceries from Costco or Whole Foods right after the airport before you drive to your condo. Turtles live in the water right there. It is a few minutes to Kapalua.

10. Re: Honeymoon Kapalua, need some quick help.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 February 2014, 06:16