We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in August

Philadelphia...
4 posts
Save Topic
Weather in August

My fiancé and I are looking at staying at the Ritz in Kapalua. Does anyone have any experience with the weather in that area in August? Specifically the first two weeks of August?

Socal
Level Contributor
1,231 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in August

Generally, the weather is warmish, with some winds and occasional showers....or not. No way to pinpoint exactly what will happen. But it's a lovely time of the year. The winds can break some of the humidity and the sprinkles provide rainbows.

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
12,121 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in August

Kapalua is a beautiful area, especially so in summer. There never is any guarantees, but typically it is beautiful with a few passing quick showers that are just enough to give you rainbows.

Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
123 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in August

I have been to Maui last two years in a row in August and the weather was perfect both times with a nice trade wind ...... ah 45 more days and I am there again.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
20,059 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in August

We were in Maui this last August and the weather was perfect. The trade winds helped cool us off in the heat of the day. We were never rained on, though it rained while we were there at different times for a short while.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in August

Were you in the Kapalua area? Or just in Maui in general?

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
625 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in August

The Napili and Kapalua areas have the best weather on the Island that time of year - it can be quite warm in August and September and in this area the trade winds keeps the weather lovely.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
45,016 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather in August

Weather in August, even in Kapalua should be warm and dry. You more than likely will get trade winds and showers. Trade showers are short in duration, more than a mist than anything. Hawaiian's call them "little blessings". Nothing better than Kapalua in the summer months.

Philadelphia...
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather in August

Thanks everyone!!

9. Re: Weather in August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 May 2014, 05:16