We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kapalua weather in June

San Diego...
1 post
Save Topic
Kapalua weather in June

I'm leaving for Maui next Tuesday and keep checking the weather and all I see is clouds and chance of rain. We're staying at the Ritz but I've only stayed at the Four Seasons in July where the weather was perfect. I understand that Kapalua is more windy, which I'm sure will cool things down for my 15 month old. But any locals or frequent visitors that can tell me what to expect?

Also can anyone suggest any great local food on the island?? I'm a a sucker for food and don't want to just eat at the resort!

Level Contributor
35,740 posts
903 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kapalua weather in June

Check out Aloha Mixed Plate in Lahaina! :).

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
53,746 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kapalua weather in June

It is currently dead still and about 75 degrees, at 0725 AM. Clear, beautiful blue skies and blue ocean............don't believe weather forecasts!

The wind, if it comes up, generally comes up later in the day. It can be a blessing, believe me. Rain, IF we get any-is most often at night.

Lots of great places to eat near Kapalua. What kind of food do you like?

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
3,723 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kapalua weather in June

Kapalua in June? Heaven!! Mixedinlove, SW will be awesome with some great food rec's for you when you let her know what kind of food you like, and I'm sure others will chime in as well! We love Sea House for breakfast and views. Lots of folks love the Gazebo. Sansei Sushi is good and right there. I have not yet eaten at Merriman's, but everyone raves about it. Also it's right close by. There's LOTS of options as SW said! Happy planning!

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
12,377 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kapalua weather in June

The weather reports will always say a chance of rain because at some point it usually does rain. During the summer, unless there is a tropical storm, the rain showers are usually, light, quick and passing. Yes you can sometimes get more, but not frequent at all. The extra rain that Kapalua gets- the majority of it comes at night so won't really affect you. I spend pretty much every summer in Kapalua and the weather is great.

Do the Plantation House for breakfast or lunch... Same for Pineapple Grill. I'd do happy hour out on the point bar at Merriman's. Those are all nice close places that are better than the Ritz restaurant IMHO. Also go down lower road to the Fish Market for great fish tacos or Ono tacos are good also. Mamma's ribs in the Napili Plaza are good for take out.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
3,723 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kapalua weather in June

Oooh!!! I completely FORGOT one of our faves for breakfast or lunch, TB4!! Plantation House!! And the views from up there are so amazing too! Thanks for the reminder!!

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
45,924 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kapalua weather in June

I love Kapalua in the summer. The rain and clouds you see on the weather reports are due to the trade winds bringing in trade showers. That is a good thing!! They mainly happen in the early morning/late evening hours. They are short in duration and are a mist more than anything. Hawaiian's call them "little blessings".

Breakfast at the Sea House is what I recommend.

Victoria
Level Contributor
448 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kapalua weather in June

Hi,

When are you going? We'll be in Kapalua the end of June for the 8th time. We love Kapalua. The weather has always been great. Right up the road from the Ritz is the Honolua General Store. They make plate lunches that are often very good depending on the day. We also love Merriman's happy hour. Enjoy your trip.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
24 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kapalua weather in June

We were there in May and the weather forecast showed clouds or rain every day, but we got plenty of sunny clear skies! Like others said, usually at some point during the day it will be cloudy or rain, but it doesn't last long.

I second the Plantation House! The food at the bar next to the Ritz pool is actually really good (although pricey), that was actaully one of our favorite meals (the fish tacos). There is also Sansei and the Honolua store next to the Ritz as others have mentioned.

Have fun!!

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,395 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kapalua weather in June

Kapalua weather is always changeable.

If you want to check the general climate for the area you will see there is a dominant wind and showers. It is a beautiful lush area.

Honolua General store is now a standard ABC gift store with take out. Every inch of history has been removed.

Windows and doors are gone and have floor to ceiling wall display shelves.

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,395 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Kapalua weather in June

Local Food - Honokowai Okazuya

Mamas Ribs at Napili Plaza