We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golf Villas or Bay Villas?

Central Coast, CA
Level Contributor
70 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Golf Villas or Bay Villas?

We're going to Maui in October. We're already staying at the Hyatt for our first 5 nights, but are looking at Kapalua for an additional 4-5 nights. My sister and brother-in-law really like the Golf Villas there for the view (Golf), condo layout, and privacy. I was leaning towards the Bay Villas because they're closer to the ocean. Our priorities would be quiet, lanai privacy, then view. Has anyone out there been to both?

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
12,367 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Golf Villas or Bay Villas?

I like the Bay villas so it's easy to jump on the coastal trail. The Bay villas are also bigger and have less units attached.

California
Level Contributor
6,325 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Golf Villas or Bay Villas?

Our family has stayed at Kapalua Villa's a half dozen or so times and love the place. The Bay Villa's are certainly better simply because of the ocean view but the Golf Villas are also VERY nice and the fairway views are beautiful and it's fun to sit on your lanai with coffee in the morning and watch the golfers. To me it would come down to price. You can typically get a non Gold unit at the Bay Villas for the same price of a Gold unit on the Golf course. (Gold units are recently upgraded units)

3. Re: Golf Villas or Bay Villas?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2015, 07:16