We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mollina Spain

Australind...
Level Contributor
45 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Mollina Spain

Has anyone got any information on Mollina Spain ???

10 replies to this topic
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
31,241 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mollina Spain

andalucia.com/province/…home.htm

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
61,244 posts
3,655 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mollina Spain

Sally:

Yesterday the newspaper Malaga Hoy had an article that said that this little town is now full of retired English (about 400). They live in a mobile home park and every year more are arriving.

Very near Mollina is Fuente de Piedra, which is famous for its nesting flamingoes.

Australind...
Level Contributor
45 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mollina Spain

Thanks for that , I will be staying in mollina with Tour Andalucia , just wondered what it was like ??

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
61,244 posts
3,655 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mollina Spain

Sally:

There is very little of tourist interest in this very small town.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mollina

Australind...
Level Contributor
45 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mollina Spain

Benny

We just stay st a villa there and each day we travel to different towns ,

Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mollina Spain

Hi

Whilst I have not seen the newspaper article about Mollina I can state that the pueblo of Mollina has about 400 foreign residents and about 4500 Spanish (so less than 10% are foreign). Those who live in the 'mobile homes' near to Saydo, where there is the weekly market, are actually on the outskirts of Mollina so please do not think that these are the only homes for people.

Freehold, New Jersey
Level Contributor
26 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mollina Spain

I am renting a villa near mollina spain this coming summer and any information would be appreciated. Can you suggest any restaurants other than the few mentioned on tripadvisor? Is Antequera close enough to go there for dinne? . We will also be traveling each day and visiting other towns but getting back at night we will want to go out to eat. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thank you

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
61,244 posts
3,655 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mollina Spain

fran:

If you have a car, you can easily reach Antequera from Mollina.

The best restaurant in Antequera:

Arte de Cozina

Calle Calzada, 27-29.

Tel: 952-840-014

Web: http://artedecozina.com/

This restaurant opens for lunch at 1 pm. The style of the restaurant is rustic, but elegant. In the main dining room there is a very large fireplace. The tables are set with white tablecloths. The restaurant has recovered old traditional recipes and is a restaurant for gourmets. The menu is quite studied and entrees cost only 10 to 13 euros. As a starter the croquetas are very good, with 10 pieces, each one being different from the others. Service is very friendly and the waitress is very informative. This restaurant is located in the center of downtown and is a great place for lunch. Reservations are suggested because the place fills up, being probably the best restaurant downtown.

There is free parking at a large car park near the Parador.

Freehold, New Jersey
Level Contributor
26 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mollina Spain

Hi Benny

yes we do have a car rental. Are there also restaurants in Mollina? If so are they any good? We are planning to go to Antequera to eat and will take you up on your suggestion. Our villa rental is between Mollina and Antequera and is in the summer. Can you tell me anything about the lake region? I have read reviews and they look very lovely. I am interested to know if there are beach areas at all the lakes and how can I get directions to the lakes? I do not think there is a gps address,. I appreciate any information you can give me. Thank you

melbourne
Level Contributor
374 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Mollina Spain

Hello Sally and Franblaze - we are heading there in just 2 short weeks, sounds like a similar tour to you Sally. Would love some info on what you did at night - unfortunately we wont have the luxury of a car. We are 5 ladies doing an 8 day trip with Tour Andalucia

Reply to: Mollina Spain
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Mollina
Recent Conversations