We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Final countdown - Lily beach

Affligem, Belgium
Level Contributor
34 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Final countdown - Lily beach

In one week we are of to Lily Beach. Really looking foreward but a little bit worried about the weather. Is it really that bad???

Any information? We will go from nov 14th till nov 25th.

Thanks, wendy

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Final countdown - Lily beach

Unless you have a functioning crystal ball no- one can tell u what the weather will be like in 2 weeks time

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Final countdown - Lily beach

It appears to be settling down, from the recent cyclone impacts. However as Paul quite rightly states no one can tell, there is a possibility of more unsettled weather if the monsoon changes during the time you are there, which is very possible as it'd usually due late November into early dec.

Good luck, I hope you get lots of sunshine. There is really no point in stressing, wondering or trying to predict the weather, you won't be able to guess it and you can't change it, and I am guessing you are going to still go. So relax, it'll be what it'll be.

Ps there is a current thread on nov weather, if you can't take the advice to leave it alone/))

Dublin
Level Contributor
10 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Final countdown - Lily beach

I hope you get good weather.. Either way, i'm sure it'll be paradise.

What is the weather normally like in mid Sept? I'm hoping to book Lily beach for my honeymoon next yr.

Does anyone happen to know if there are any resorts that are a bit livlier, yet still as beautiful? ihave only just started looking so it's taking me a while to get a feel for it.. There seems to be live music on a wed in lily beach, i think i would like somewhere that had live music every second nite or something! I'm not talking a niteclub, but a bit of action would be nice :)

sg2
Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Marsa Alam
Level Contributor
4,111 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Final countdown - Lily beach

No where in the Maldives can be called Lively as such but Kuredu does seem to have a rep of a more of a younger vibe with things like its white party - see You Tube.

Sg

Dorset
Level Contributor
959 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Final countdown - Lily beach

We normally go to Lily Beach in Sept and weather has been ok. This you it was great after the first 2 days which were overcast.

LB is not a lively resort. "Amba" band (the best band in Male!) play every Wednesday but that is it. Evening entertainment is generally eating, drinking and relaxing.

Leeds
Level Contributor
482 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Final countdown - Lily beach

I was at Lily beach from 1st to 10th October it was very sunny indeed, only rained during the night, which is quite common any time of year.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Final countdown - Lily beach

Have just returned from Lily Beach. The weather was fabulous. There is indeed a live band every Wednesday evening, and also a Maldivian dance group on another evening. The entertainment is quiet, but my husband and I enjoyed that. In fact, we, like most others, were ready for bed at around 10pm most nights! It's great - just enjoy it!! You're very very lucky!

8. Re: Final countdown - Lily beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 November 2013, 10:15
Get answers to your questions about Vilamendhoo