We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Book or not

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Book or not

Thinking of booking this resort for 2 weeks for the end of September, should I risk it? Don't want it raining everyday

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Book or not

Very few places in the world you can guarantee no rain. Odds are it won't rain constantly for two weeks, but very small chance it wil.

Personally I would take the chance.

Cannock, United...
Level Contributor
1,309 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Book or not

Like Froggy says.

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,803 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Book or not

Book it ,great island with an excellent reef

Darryl

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
710 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Book or not

What deal have you got - if its a good deal then go for it :)

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,618 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Book or not

of course . book

London
Level Contributor
1,925 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Book or not

Book it. I make a habit of going in the low/rainy seasons and have never had a rain out. The weather.com forecast for our current trip was all "sun/thunderstorms". No thunder, 3 nighttime rains (while we slept), and 2 15 minute showers (at sunset). The rest has been cloudy, hot sunshine.

A few years back, the 10 day forecast was 100% 'thunderstorms'. Nothing else for 7 days. We got two days of rain one of which was our departure day (which actually made it easier to say goodbye).

Bruce

www.maldivescomplete.com

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Book or not

I think the " yays" have it.

So Brodick,,,will you book it? :-))

London
Level Contributor
1,919 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Book or not

I would at the drop of a hat! We are already going to the Maldives in early September but not to Vilamendhoo, the main reason for us not going to Vilamendhoo is because of the tie in with Thomson and the flight days didn't suit us.

9. Re: Book or not

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2014, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Vilamendhoo