We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Motorbike rental to reach Phanom Rung

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
56 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Motorbike rental to reach Phanom Rung

We want to visit Phanom Rung for sunrise (read it opens at 6am). I know it is quite tricky to reach it by public transport and we won't feel like dealing with it at that time of the day ;-). I had the idea of staying at California Inter hotel in Namg Rong and renting a small motorbike from them for the following day.

Will you recommend doing this? How long will it take to drive there? I have never driven a motorcycle before and I like the idea of it (I am a careful driver) but at the same time I am wondering if I am crazy by trying this first time at night on that road.

6 replies to this topic
Nakhon Ratchasima...
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Motorbike rental to reach Phanom Rung

Better not, as you not only have to deal with traffic on the other side of the road from what you're used to. You would also need a Thai driving license, unless you're prepared to feed the cops.

You could make arrangements with Thai taxi or motorcycle taxi drivers to take you there.

Bangkok
Level Contributor
2,294 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Motorbike rental to reach Phanom Rung

Never ridden before, no license (so no insurance), at night on a Thai road. Hope you like hospital food.

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
25,898 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Motorbike rental to reach Phanom Rung

No, no, no and no is my advice.

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
56 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Motorbike rental to reach Phanom Rung

Thanks all. It doesn't seem like a good idea then. I don't know the road and that is why I was asking. Obviously it is a very busy/crazy one :-(.

Anyone knows what the options are to get there before 6am and approximate costs (I am thinking of how much do I have to bargain if needed).

By the way, I drive on the left side and on the right side of the road so that won't be a problem at all.

Edited: 30 January 2014, 13:27
Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
56 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Motorbike rental to reach Phanom Rung

Any advice then guys? You seem to know the area well

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
56 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Motorbike rental to reach Phanom Rung

:-(

Reply to: Motorbike rental to reach Phanom Rung
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Nakhon Ratchasima...