We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ireland trip

Charleston, South...
4 posts
Save Topic
ireland trip

is there a bus that runs from Lisburn to Killyleagh

7 replies to this topic
Ireland
Destination Expert
for Belfast, Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
866 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ireland trip

You would have to make your way to Belfast first i reckon. Then from the Europa Bus Center at Great Victoria St get the bus from there to Killyleagh. See here: translink.co.uk/Services/… its very easy to get from Lisburn directly to the bus center, probably best to hop on the train at Lisburn train station which brings you straight into the Europa bus station.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
3,102 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ireland trip

There are two 26C services per day from Lisburn to Comber where you would need to change. However realistically you will go via Belfast. The journey finder on www.translink.co.uk might be of help - just use it to identify service numbers and then check the timetable as it's not terribly reliable.

Note however that buses to Killyleagh go from Laganside Buscentre NOT Europa as Horizon suggests. That means a short walk across the city centre, or possibly better take the train from Lisburn to Central Station and walk from there.

Take Service 11 to Killyleagh to avoid further changes:

translink.co.uk/Services/…

Charleston, South...
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: ireland trip

Thank u, flying to Dublin instead of Belfast because of the major price difference, want to go to Killyleagh so I thought I would take a bus or train to a nearby town where a taxi could pick us up. They have bus at airport thats goes to Newry, then another bus to Downpatrick, then taxi from there, can't decide between train or bus

Ireland
Destination Expert
for Belfast, Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
866 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ireland trip

Oops! Sorry about the laganside/europa mistake.

Belfast
Level Contributor
2,246 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ireland trip

On a Sunday all buses go from Europa as Laganside is closed.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
3,102 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ireland trip

Don't get the train. Dublin Airport is north of Dublin. As you have identified the bus from the airport goes directly north and the bus goes straight onto the motorway. You have identified the Ulsterbus/Bus Eireann service to Belfast which stops at Newry, but note that there is also and Aircoach.ie express service to Belfast.

Therefore your options are to either travel via Newry-Downpatrick in which case you can take a Ulsterbus service 14 to Killyleagh. Otherwise go via Belfast and take service 11 or 511.

Decide depending on the time of day you arrive which connection works best.

Charleston, South...
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: ireland trip

Thank/u that is what I needed to make my decision. We will be taking bus

Reply to: ireland trip
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Newry