We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommened hairdressers in Skipton!

Manchester
Level Contributor
11 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Recommened hairdressers in Skipton!

Hi, I am attending a wedding in May this year and I do not know the area at all. We are staying at a travel lodge in Skipton and wanted to know if anyone can recommend a hairdressers in Skipton for a blow dry or to be put in rollers! or even a mobile hairdresser as there are 4 ladies staying at the hotel who may want their hair doing.

Also, as we are staying the night before does anyone have any recommended restaurants? apart from the Devonshire as we are there for the wedding the next day.

Thanks

Thank you!

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,378 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommened hairdressers in Skipton!

Ring a local b and b around Skipton they maybe able to help you and give you an honest answer

UK
Level Contributor
438 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommened hairdressers in Skipton!

My sister-in-law and niece (who both work in Skipton) love Saks on Newmarket Street. As with all their hair and beauty salons, though, I don't think they come cheap! Sorry I can't give a personal recommendation as I live 10 miles away and use a hairdresser in my home town!

Manchester
Level Contributor
11 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommened hairdressers in Skipton!

Thank you for your help. I think I will book saks. It was just a bit expensive for a blow dry, but I think I will just bite the bullet. Thank you

Skipton, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommened hairdressers in Skipton!

Try Barnetts or Marie's, they'll be cheaper than Saks.

Eating I'd go to The Angel at Hetton or Le Bistro Des Amis in Skipton.

I would avoid the Travelodge though, it's vile. Napiers is better, they've just renovated their rooms and I believe the price is very reasonable and it supports our local businesses.

Ronnied1957
Level Contributor
8 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Recommened hairdressers in Skipton!

If you are in Skipton on a Friday it is market day (which most visitors find interesting) plus we have a castle, a beautiful church and a canal with a choice of short trips. On top of this we have many tea shops and at least 10 hairdressers - I go between Hairods and World of Hair and Beauty. As for a restaurant - try Bizzie Lizzies on the canal for excellent fish and chips or other meals, either in the restaurant with waitress service, or if its a nice day as a take away sitting by the canal !! My favourite is Bistro des Amis (near the Town Hall) which does an excellent 2 course set meal until about 7pm and also sells excellent wine and good beer.

Skipton, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Recommened hairdressers in Skipton!

Hi. I would recommend World of Hair and Beauty, 3 Cavendish Street, Skipton. I have been going there for years and the stylists are very good at creating any style you want. They also have a beauty section and you can have your nails done whilst at the same time as your hair.

As for restaurants, there are a lot in Skipton to choose from. The Woolly Sheep pub has an excellent reputation if you don't want to spend too much or you could try the Bistro Des Amis for something a bit more adventurous and a bit more pricey. Brodeys on the High Street is good for pizza and there is a very nice little Italian restaurant, Emporio Italia on Mill Bridge. All different but all good food.

Enjoy the wedding.

England
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Recommened hairdressers in Skipton!

I was also looking for an excellent hairdresser in skipton. Need mine cut well so it falls just right. Any recommendation for a particular stylist please. I don't care the price but has to be a good job. Thanks.

Skipton, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Recommened hairdressers in Skipton!

World of Hair and Beauty on Cavendish Street still has to be one of the best hairdressers in Skipton and is good value for money. Go for one of the senior stylists and they are all excellent at cutting.

9. Re: Recommened hairdressers in Skipton!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 April 2017, 21:17
Get answers to your questions about Skipton