We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Night out in Carmarthen!

Bournemouth, UK
5 posts
Save Topic
Night out in Carmarthen!

Hi,

I have been asked to orgainse a friends stag do for June next year!

I was just wondering what Carmarthen was like for a night out?

There will be about 13 of us coming and have found a company that does activity weekends close by.

Any input would be grateful.

Regards

Steve

13 replies to this topic
Biarritz, France
Destination Expert
for Biarritz, San Sebastian - Donostia, Basque Country
Level Contributor
5,152 posts
480 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Night out in Carmarthen!

It's not renowned for its nightlife but it does have a lot of pubs for such a small town. I just did a search on the Good Pub Guide and within a mile radius of the town centre there are 12 pubs listed:

http://www.thegoodpubguide.co.uk/eng/Tools/Search?location=Carmarthen%2C+Wales&location-type=1&name=&enhanced=1

Of these 12, 2 are listed in the Good Beer Guide:

Yr Hen Dderwen (Wetherspoons pub) jdwetherspoon.co.uk/home/pubs/yr-hen-dderwen

and Queen's Hotel

thecarmarthenguide.co.uk/2011/…

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Night out in Carmarthen!

Don't even think about it! Really, people will hate you if you took a Stag Party to Carmarthen, if you hate your friends then yeah ok come here but really man, choose somewhere else!

Carmarthen, United...
Level Contributor
309 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Night out in Carmarthen!

To add to biarittz reply, Spilman Hotel is very good. Carmarthen has plenty of pubs, not many, if any clubs now.

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
438 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Night out in Carmarthen!

Stag night !! .....Carmarthen !!! .....no way.. unless you complete a crash course in the Welsh language.

why not try Swansea, Cardiff orTenby

. I did a spell in Univerity of Wales,Trinity college Carmarthen. Mmmm ?

or if you REALLY hate them, take them to Newport !!

Edited: 28 September 2011, 08:17
Mentioned in this post
Cardiff
Cardiff
Southern Wales, UK
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Night out in Carmarthen!

Don't do it!!

Wales
Level Contributor
79 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Night out in Carmarthen!

Definately SWANSEA

Edited: 10 October 2013, 13:31
Wales
Level Contributor
2,331 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Night out in Carmarthen!

i suspect the Stag is well and truly hitched by now. The original post is over 2 years old.

Laugharne, United...
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Night out in Carmarthen!

Night life in Carmarthen is just like night life in any other town, it all depends on the company you keep! What Carmarthen offers in addition to night life is wonderful scenery, lots of activities, nearby beaches, good restaurants, historic seaside villages and very friendly people. My friends organized my hen party in Carmarthenshire and we all had an unforgettable time. Do it, you won't forget it!

Mentioned in this post
Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
64,326 posts
451 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Night out in Carmarthen!

Mel, welcome to the forums but this thread is very old, and you would do better by starting your own now.

Regards

Roj

London, United...
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Night out in Carmarthen!

I recently had a hen party 16 of us girls we had our activities organised for us and was very reasonably priced. We then went about the nightlife in Carmarthen and cannot say enough about how good it is we had a blast, the bar staff and atmosphere was brilliant and there's plenty of bars pubs and clubs to keep any party happy till the squeaky hours of the morning. We gave my sisters hen do in march 2014 and wouldn't think of going anywhere else.

I would recommend visiting Carmarthen and seeing just how beautiful the area is, beaches, castles, nightlife, pubs, clubs, good taxi firms are fantastic and friendly and 24 hrs, nice local characters, felt well looked after, take always open til all hours plenty choice of eat in and take away ranging from kebab to Chinese and Indian cuisine and a good base for activities in the day and some good real ales and clubs in the evening. They even have a 24hr tesco! We will definitely be going there again !

Reply to: Night out in Carmarthen!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted