We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice place to eat in Dungannon / Cookstown / Stewartstown ar

lancashire
Level Contributor
10 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Nice place to eat in Dungannon / Cookstown / Stewartstown ar

Visiting there next weekend, and bringing people over who are new to the area.

Can anyone reccommend a good place to eat, preferably one that doesn't cook everything to death, and trundle out the usual reheated / microwave fare?

Ireland
Level Contributor
922 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice place to eat in Dungannon / Cookstown / Stewartstown ar

The Viscount in Dungannon (at 10 Northland Row, Dungannon) has a good reputation although I haven't eaten there in years myself. Opening times are from 12.00 noon, last orders at 9.30pm.

The Otter Lodge in Cookstown (26 Dungannon Road) has a nice location on a riverbank. Its is open for light lunches and evening meals seven days a week and has food and wines at very keen prices. It's a wine bar as well. It's basically self service, you order your food at the counter and get a number and the number's called when the food's ready. Haven't been here for about a year but did like it a lot. Opening times are 12.00 noon-2.00 pm and 5.30pm-9.30pm except Fri and Sat when it's 10.00pm.

Belfast
Level Contributor
570 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice place to eat in Dungannon / Cookstown / Stewartstown ar

From what I hear the Otter Lodge can be hit and miss with more misses. My wifes family are originally from Cookstown and have been a few time when back visiting friends. They have had good and bad times.

The Tullylagan outside Cookstown is supposed to be good, though I have never eaten there.

You could also check http://www.tyronegoodfoodcircle.com/

Ireland
Level Contributor
922 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nice place to eat in Dungannon / Cookstown / Stewartstown ar

Sorry, thegrant, about your hit and misses with the Otter Lodge. I've obviously been been lucky but as I said it's been at least a year since I last ate there as it's about an hour's drive from home.

Another place that's supposed to be good is the Cohannon Inn near to the Tamnamore exit from the M1 but again it's been years since I was there. Have you any experience of there?

N Ireland
Level Contributor
266 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nice place to eat in Dungannon / Cookstown / Stewartstown ar

I can endorse the previous recommendations for both the Tullylagan and the Viscount, based on personal experience.

5. Re: Nice place to eat in Dungannon / Cookstown / Stewartstown ar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2009, 16:19
Get answers to your questions about Dungannon
Recent Conversations
More Dungannon Topics