We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

North West 200 2008

Inverness
Level Contributor
10 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
North West 200 2008

Hi, does anyone know of accommodation available from Tuesday 13th to Monday 19th May?

We're looking for a twin room in a B&B/guesthouse - ideally, that is! Have tried lots of places but can't seem to get anything for the whole 6 nights, but can split our stay if necessary.

Cheers!

Sheena

g4rad
7 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: North West 200 2008

Have a look at www.Hotel4anight.com they do alot of accommodation in the North West - where exactly in the NW are you wanting to be

Inverness
Level Contributor
10 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: North West 200 2008

I tried that website but they only seemed to have one place listed in NI ("Derry-NI")?

Our first chouce would be Portrush, followed by Portstewart, then Coleraine.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
443 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: North West 200 2008

Best thing to do is to go to www.yell.com and search for B and Bs there. Their is at least 50 in it.

Good luck

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
49 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: North West 200 2008

You could try:

http://www.colerainebc.gov.uk/accommodation/

or

http://www.portrush.org.uk/accomodation.asp

Portrush, United...
Level Contributor
340 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: North West 200 2008

try Bradleys B and B or Beaches both on the race circuit just below magheraboy, bradleys num is 02870825752 not sure the other one but you should get it in yellow pages, both small family run places. and not to expensive.

Inverness
Level Contributor
10 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: North West 200 2008

Thanks everyone, after checking out all the websites and suggestions I've come up with a couple of options - one in Portrush and one in Portstewart.

Any suggestions which might be the better resort for our week-long stay? I'm guessing that Portrush might be the better connected public-transport wise from e.g. Coleraine (for nights out, etc.), but I've heard some reports that it's a bit on the rough side (all from establishments in Portstewart, perhaps not surprisingly!)

We're both in our mid-thirties and will be looking for some good pubs/nightlife - would there be enough of this in Portstewart do you think?

Thanks again, Sheena

ballymena. n ireland
Level Contributor
2 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: North West 200 2008

Hi there i live in n ireland and have been going to north west last 10 years and its kinda changed last few years. Portrush is busier with more bars but tends to get locals and younger crowds visiting for drink rather than bikes. Kellys nightclub in portrush however is brill on wed night. caters for all ages as ther are 5 bars playing anything from country to rave to dance. pay £6 entry and you can go between all the bars. Very young crowd sat night tho. Portrush has fewer bars but all the racers and teams drink there. Anchor/Harbour bar is were everyone goes also shennanigans opposite. We used to stay in portrush but find better craic in portstewart and its nearer paddock and i find better nightlife. Also nicer place to stay. Hope this helps!!!! Youl have a ball wherever you stay, best event in the world!!!

Siobhan

Inverness
Level Contributor
10 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: North West 200 2008

Thanks Siobhan, that helped at lot! We're booked for Portstewart now, will definitely try Kelly's on the Wednesday night though :o)

Roll on May!

Cheers!

Sheena

9. Re: North West 200 2008

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2009, 20:20
Get answers to your questions about Portrush
Recent Conversations