We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Portrush to host Irish open 28th June - 1st July

North Coast, N...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
5,387 posts
89 reviews
Save Topic
Portrush to host Irish open 28th June - 1st July

news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/golf/16423344.stm

Fantastic to see this - great news for the local economy;)

There is bound to be a lot of traffic in the area during those dates so if you have no interest in golf, you may want to visit the area when it is a bit quieter.

Portstewart, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Portrush to host Irish open 28th June - 1st July

Hi

I have a two bed (sleeps 4) penthouse apartment in Portstewart which is available for the Irish Open week. It has been recently refurbished and is just off the Mill Road in Portstewart. The price is £800 and includes heating, gas, electric and all bed and bathroom linen. It basically working out £200 per person for the week and is good value especially with caravans charging £1000!

If interested please contact me

portstewartapartment@hotmail.co.uk

Regards

Mervyn

Portstewart, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Portrush to host Irish open 28th June - 1st July

Hi

I have a two bed (sleeps 4) penthouse apartment in Portstewart which is available for the Irish Open week. It has been recently refurbished and is just off the Mill Road in Portstewart. The price is 800 sterling and includes heating, gas, electric and all bed and bathroom linen. It basically working out £200 per person for the week and is good value especially with caravans charging £1000!

If interested please contact me

portstewartapartment@hotmail.co.uk

Regards

Mervyn

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Portrush to host Irish open 28th June - 1st July

still looking for accomodation? we have an apartment still available in bushmills. 2 bedrooms. both with double beds and one with a single. let me know if interested.

Belfast
Level Contributor
4 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Portrush to host Irish open 28th June - 1st July

Anyone know where the park and ride facilities are? I am staying at Premier Inn Coleraine and was hoping there may be one close by.

North Coast, N...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
5,387 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Portrush to host Irish open 28th June - 1st July

I can't find the information online but there is alraedy very good signage around the area for the Park and Ride. I haven't been across to where the Premier Inn is so not sure if there is one near there but I do know that there is one fairly close by on Rugby Avenue, Coleraine.

To reach it from the Premier Inn, head back to the Strand Road roundabout and follow the sign for Portrush, Belfast etc. You will cross the new bridge and come to the Lodge Road Roundabout. Go into the right hand lane and follow the exit for Mountsandel. You will see the sign for Park & Ride. Less than a 5 minute drive.

Other ones I have seen include University of Ulster, Coleraine and the "Pits" area between Portstewart and Portrush on the coast road.

Don't worry - they are well-signed.

Belfast
Level Contributor
4 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Portrush to host Irish open 28th June - 1st July

Thanks a lot for this great information.

North Coast, N...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
5,387 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Portrush to host Irish open 28th June - 1st July

jmcateer - I am confused today as the aa park & ride signs for that rugby road carpark are covered in black binbags today. I don't know why. Can't find anything online. The big sign on the ringroads has also gone so maybe everything will be back online tomorrow or maybe they are changing carparks. - it isn't clear

There definitely will be signs tomorrow so keep your eyes peeled.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
3,102 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Portrush to host Irish open 28th June - 1st July

Park and Ride operates Thu till Sun so that explains the removal of the signs during the pro-am. Charge is £5 per car with free bus ride. Remember your car park location as there are 5 different sites. I think the signage will be dynamic so that you will not be directed to a full carpark.

Edited: 27 June 2012, 19:39
19. Re: Portrush to host Irish open 28th June - 1st July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 January 2017, 11:17
Get answers to your questions about Portrush
Recent Conversations