We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public transport from Heathrow to Alcester

Reykjavik, Iceland
Level Contributor
8 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Public transport from Heathrow to Alcester

I need to get from Heathrow terminal 1 to Alcester, leaving aroun 9pm on a thursday evening in March. I have been searching trains and coaches but since I am not familar with the area, Im not having much luck.

If I can't find direct transport to Alcester, what towns are the closest that I should be looking for? I don't mind taking a taxi for the last 20 minutes or so.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Nice, France
Destination Expert
for Brighton, Nice
Level Contributor
6,179 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Public transport from Heathrow to Alcester

Whilst waiting for a local to reply, have a look at this website:

http://www.alcester.co.uk/Getting_Here-5.asp

There is no train station in Alcester, and the nearest large town is Stratford on Avon.

However, look at this website for info on getting from Heathrow to Stratford on Avon:

…wanadoo-members.co.uk/heartofengland/london…

Reykjavik, Iceland
Level Contributor
8 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Public transport from Heathrow to Alcester

Thank you theartgirl

I started by chekcing for transport to Stratford-upon-Avon but everything I found was too early for me or the next day.

I would rent a car but I don't like the idea of driving on the "wrong" side of the road :)

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
32,557 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Public transport from Heathrow to Alcester

I doubt if there's any way you could get to Alcester that night without hiring a car.

UK
Level Contributor
122 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Public transport from Heathrow to Alcester

Heathrow Express to London Paddington

then..

2148 train from London Paddington to Evesham (arr 2346)... and then taxi to Alcester (10 miles).

or take the Reading RailAir Link

and join the train at 2226

Be sure to book a taxi in advance to collect from Evesham station - here are some phone numbers:

Rainbow 01386 45000

MD 01386 48414

Avon 01386 421989

Reykjavik, Iceland
Level Contributor
8 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Public transport from Heathrow to Alcester

Lawrence thanks, that's great help!

Paris
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Public transport from Heathrow to Alcester

I've happened to see this forum while I was looking for public transport from Heathrow to slough.

Can anybody give me some ideas for everyday transport (I'm a student who is coming to Heathrow to work for 3 months, I'm looking for accommodation too).

Thank U

7. Re: Public transport from Heathrow to Alcester

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2009, 05:25
Get answers to your questions about Alcester