We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need the quickest and easiest way from heathrow to Alcester!

Austin, Texas
1 post
Save Topic
Need the quickest and easiest way from heathrow to Alcester!

On Sunday, April 21 I'll be landing at the Heathrow Airport from the USA around 11am. I'm looking for a quick and easy way to get to Alcester (or Henley or Stratford). What are my options? I love traveling by train, but I understand there is no direct route, and the bus seems like it takes an unnecessarily long time. How much would a taxi be? I do not mind walking to change stations or any of that; I'm just looking for the most time/money efficient way to get home.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you!

6 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
5,143 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need the quickest and easiest way from heathrow to Alcester!

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g209960-i4835-k1…

Here are some answers from an earlier thread from a similar question. Answer 4 seems to be the best

Edited: 15 April 2013, 20:05
Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,381 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Need the quickest and easiest way from heathrow to Alcester!

I think Alcester is devoid of public transport on Sundays, but there is a bus and train service between Stratford and Birmingham that calls in Henley

Your best bet is to get yourself into central London then to Birmingham (from Euston station) or Stratford (from Marylebone) and link up with that.

By road it's about 100 miles from Heathrow to Alcester which makes for a very expensive taxi ride

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,381 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Need the quickest and easiest way from heathrow to Alcester!

Hadn't thought of the Evesham route - but yes that looks good for a Sunday daytime trip as well.

You don't need to book the taxi that far in advance - when the train's left Oxford should be good enough

There might be one or two waiting anyway

Edited: 15 April 2013, 20:18
4. Re: Need the quickest and easiest way from heathrow to Alcester!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 26 December 2015, 15:53

Alcester, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need the quickest and easiest way from heathrow to Alcester!

Another option could be, train from London to Redditch and then taxi to Alcester, this will be a long trip, I'd suggest an overnight at Alcester, next day taxi to Henley, from Henley then on by bus to Stratford where you could spend the next night, you will have plenty of time to see the sights, lots of restaurants Hotels.

You now have many options to travel by train, bus or taxi out to wherever you want to go.

Have a good trip.

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
13,242 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need the quickest and easiest way from heathrow to Alcester!

Good effort Sitecommander, but this thread is over 2 years old. The OP would have been and gone by now

Reply to: Need the quickest and easiest way from heathrow to Alcester!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Alcester