We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first time to longleat..help !

southampton
Level Contributor
27 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
first time to longleat..help !

we are going to longleat centre parcs for 1st time for xmas week this year (2 adults 1 x 4 yr old) we have booked a pine lodge (102) near to plaza. would like to find out from people what its like and any pictures. We have pre booked a few activities and my husband uses a mobility scooter so be interested to know how disabled friendly the place is ? any hints and tips would be great. Also we have bought some logs for the fire but is there also under floor heating or radiators as well? Many thanks

4 replies to this topic
Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,586 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: first time to longleat..help !

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g209964-d5239…

lots of reviews here

wales
Level Contributor
9 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: first time to longleat..help !

Hi

Relax - you will love it! We are off there next week for the 4th time to Longleat. You're right to bring your own logs. No underfloor heating I'm aware of but plenty of radiators - the lodges are lovely & cosy. What type of accommodation are you in? We usually bring our own food & eat in for breakfast, lunch then cook 2 meals in & eat 2 meals out to keep costs down. Bring extra loaves of bread for all the animals that will come to your lodge every day (swans, squirrels & ducks) we were lucky enough to have a badger on our patio one evening. Any specific questions you have feel free to PM me! Have a great time :-)

Ps.. Sorry can't advise about accessibility

Netanya, Israel
Level Contributor
11,899 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: first time to longleat..help !

Be aware of the monkeys! Dont let them climb on your car! Just move once they do.

3 years ago me and my daughter went to Longleat. One of the males teared off the wiper and began to beat the front window with the handle. It went scratches! My daughter got scared (We are not friends with monkeys anymore). It cost me plenty , since car was rented brand new BMW!!!

After all, we love Longleat and plan to go there this Summer.

Have fun!!!

Yuri.

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: first time to longleat..help !

You can stay in Centre Parcs without needing to brave the monkeys destroying the car.

Reply to: first time to longleat..help !
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Warminster