We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hardwick Hall or Bolsover Castle?

Which Chesterfield hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tx
Level Contributor
53 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Hardwick Hall or Bolsover Castle?

If you could only see one of these, which one would you pick? Both are of equal interest to us, but we don't have time for both.

13 replies to this topic
Tx
Level Contributor
53 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Hardwick Hall or Bolsover Castle?

All great suggestions...duly noted. @Chesireresident-thanks for the info on how much time to budget for each place. I know it is different for each person, but I wish most websites had more info on that aspect of the visit.

BONUS! Haddon Hall will be staying open late (8pm) on some Thursdays this summer. We just happen to be there on a Thursday! yea!

Mansfield, United...
Level Contributor
625 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Hardwick Hall or Bolsover Castle?

Hardwick hall ..imo best out the 2 ..btw a stones throw from hardwick is a memorial to the miners who lost their lives at teversal colliery it is the highest point in nottinghamshire and on a clear day has some excellent views over the derbyshire dales and notts coal fields [ now turned into nature reserves ] ,I spend a lot of time around hardwick camping and walking our dogs and would recommend spending an hour to see the surrounding area ... steve / caz

Sheffield
Level Contributor
4,389 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Hardwick Hall or Bolsover Castle?

If you are into history, Bess of Hardwick (when she was Mrs Earl of Shrewbury) was one of Mary, Queen of Scot's jailers. Her husband was probably a bit closer to Mary than he should have been. But that was in Sheffield's Manor. Look for the ES (Elizabeth of Shrewbury) on Hardwick Hall.

Reply to: Hardwick Hall or Bolsover Castle?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted