We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bands and pubs

Which Bakewell hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
wrexham
1 post
Save Topic
Bands and pubs

Me and the mrs are staying in Bakewell on the 29 an 30 of July. Can you advise on the possibility of running into a rock band. I play the drums rather poorly but I like Several Hard Rock bands and The Clash please

Spencer Williams

Peak District...
Level Contributor
1,921 posts
267 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bands and pubs

Looking at

http://www.derbyshire-thepeakdistrict.co.uk

I found on 27-30 July

Rock & Blues Custom Show - The UK and Europe's No. 1 Bike & Music Festival. The following acts will be appearing in the band line up M 3; The Quireboys; Antiproduct; UFO; Vixen; American Dog; Statetrooper...

Dates :

Event type :

Tel :01773 841488

Coney Grey Farm Showground

Pentrich

RIPLEY

DE5 3RF

They have their own website and charge £45 entry - perhaps not quite what you had in mind !

This is about 30 miles south-east of Bakewell - the activities I can find listed there are more rural in nature.

derbyshire
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bands and pubs

The wheatsheaf in bakewell seems to host alot of live groups, dont know if theyve got anything planned or look at Bakewell online it seems to be the only dedicated www Bakewell has.

hope that helps

Ps I know a good teachers that coulod teach u the drums ...Lol

Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bands and pubs

The Wheatsheaf,a truely memorable place to have lunch.

I have travelled to many foreign countries and have tried some truely wierd & memorable dishes before.But i have never tasted anything more truely memorable than this establishments food.

I ordered the Lamb Shank while my wife ordered the Chicken Pesto pracels.I was hungry,my belly was grumbling,and i anticipated that meal would make my day.Unfortunately it did!

To be honest my lamb shank covered by gravy was ok,but to serve SALAD on the same plate was a bit BLAAAAAAA!Lamb Shank,gravy,chips,carrots,peas and then cucumber,lettuce,tomato?What the hell is a matter with those people.Cucumber with gravy?

My wifes chicken pesto parcels was really a chicken breast wrapped with a crust.It looked like a Cornish pasty at first!!!

I paid a fortune for it! we should have gone across the road for 2 for a tenner!

AVOID!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
242 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bands and pubs

Wrong side of county for heavy metal Chesterfield has more on usually on Saturday nights

and surprisingly (when you look in daylight) there is one pub in Staveley the Victoria they have some REALLY cracking metal bands on most week-ends and is usually heaving with folk who appreciate it

5. Re: Bands and pubs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2009, 05:23
Get answers to your questions about Bakewell