We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bakewell Accommodation suitable for the disabled

North Lincs
Level Contributor
74 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Bakewell Accommodation suitable for the disabled

Hi

I am looking to book a few days in Bakewell for my elderly parents. It needs to be fairly close to the centre of Bakewell and have a ground floor ensuite room. If the accommodation can also provide a good evening meal all the better.

Many thanks

Mary

England
Destination Expert
for Peak District National Park
Level Contributor
4,794 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bakewell Accommodation suitable for the disabled

Hmm - I think that you might be a bit unlucky with this one - particularly with regards to the ground floor room. In addition, a lot of the accomodation in Bakewell is in B&B's which restricts things a bit as well.

I therefore suggest that you ring the Bakewell Tourist Info Centre as they might have a list of places that fit your requirements - see peakdistrict.gov.uk/visiting/ic/ic-bakewell .

Phil-the-Bus

Edited: 25 August 2013, 23:56
England
Destination Expert
for Peak District National Park
Level Contributor
4,794 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bakewell Accommodation suitable for the disabled

Thinking about this some more, the Rutland Arms in the Centre of the town appears to have some ground floor rooms in its annex (called the "stable block"). However this is separated from the main hotel building by the busy A6 road, which might be an issue if your parents have walking difficulties.

For more details see www.rutlandarmsbakewell.co.uk/rooms-c19.html and of course tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g209968-d2147… .

Phil-the-Bus

North Lincs
Level Contributor
74 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bakewell Accommodation suitable for the disabled

Hi so sorry for the delay replying. Thanks for the advice. I did ring the tourist info you suggested. Eventually found a nice b and b which I've booked for them.

Thanks again.

4. Re: Bakewell Accommodation suitable for the disabled

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 February 2015, 15:17
Get answers to your questions about Bakewell