We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rambler Inn

uk
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Rambler Inn

I have read terrible reviews on beerintheevening website about rude staff, bad food etc. Does anyone know anything about the Rambler Inn?

Sheffield...
Level Contributor
18 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rambler Inn

My experiences there have always been positive. The beer is an unusual one, and is always well kept, and the staff have always been fine with me (friendly rather than fawning). Haven't eaten there recently, but the place seems popular for food (without losing the "real pub" atmosphere).

A little bit more spic and span than it used to be - but still plenty of character, and a better ratio of walkers to waddling-buggy-pushing-why-am-I-here types than you get in the centre of the village.

A great thing about the pub is the location (next to the station) and the train timetable (trains to Sheffield take about 40minutes and run up to 11pm). It makes it perfect for a train-based peak district evening walk after work preceded by a pint and followed by a couple more and a meal while waiting for the train back. Now it's summer (ish) the evening music trains are back on, too.

UK
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rambler Inn

This place is bloody awful. We were sworn at and insulted by staff when we visited. It's almost funny how horrible it is. The worst pub in the Peaks, barr none.

3. Re: Rambler Inn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2009, 08:18
Get answers to your questions about Hope Valley