We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carrig House, Caragh Lake

ireland
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Carrig House, Caragh Lake

Hi there

Planning a trip to Carrig House, on Carragh Lake in March. It looks great on the website. Looking for info from anyone who's stayed there - it's quite pricey, but is it worth the money? Want an extra special trip with my Mother (74 yrs) who's recovering from serious illness, so an fine old worlde Miss Marple style of place (like Hunter's Hotel)is what we're looking for. Willing to pay more if it is extra special. We'll use it as a base to travel into Kenmare for a couple of meals & to explore the Ring of Kerry area.

Many thanks

Humptulips...
Level Contributor
3,287 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Carrig House, Caragh Lake

It's a really nice area. I had a fender bender right near one of the many signs for it. Yeah, making a u-turn with the stick in a hurry I smooshed a fender. No biggie. Sorry, no help, but it will bump it up. Good luck.

ireland
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Carrig House, Caragh Lake

Thanks Boru

I'll be looking out for that bend!

Cheers

theeditor

Humptulips...
Level Contributor
3,287 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Carrig House, Caragh Lake

Actually it was on a fairly straight bit of road. The stone wall was sticking out at an odd angle and I Veed a bit of the bumper. Speaking of bumping...I'm hoping someone who might not necessarily have stayed there will comment. Cheers.

London
Level Contributor
6 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Carrig House, Caragh Lake

I have stayed there many times, lovely people, stunning views, great food and location.

klw
Boston
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Carrig House, Caragh Lake

To: theeditor, I am planning a trip to the Carrig House next August for a week with my husband and two grown children. I have never been to Ireland but would like to go first class. My sister-in-law stayed with her Mother and sisters said it was beautiful. No children allowed. After that we are headed up to Galway to Glenlo House for 3 nights before we fly home via Shannon. Does this itinerary sound doable to you? After you do go could you let me know what you thought? Also we Thanks and have a great time. KLW from Boston

6. Re: Carrig House, Caragh Lake

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2009, 04:18
Get answers to your questions about Caragh Lake
Recent Conversations