We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cork - kenmare

Oud-Turnhout...
Level Contributor
123 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
cork - kenmare

Hello, next year, our family (15-20 persons) will visit Kenmare. We probably will fly to Cork. What's the best way to get to Kenmare ? Is it possible to rent a little bus with driver ?

When in Kenmare, my intention is to do the ring of Bearra with my family. But we will have no car. What's the best way to do it (or is it impossible with such a group) ?

Oud-Turnhout...
Level Contributor
123 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cork - kenmare

What's the best place to stay in Kenmare ? Usually, i stay in Driftwood, but this group is too big for that place. I'm looking for alternatives (I prefer B&B's, but I doubt if I found one that is big enough)

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,411 posts
369 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cork - kenmare

What about Virginias right in the centre of Kenmare. They have 8 or 9 rooms so you could take over the whole house.

Oud-Turnhout...
Level Contributor
123 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cork - kenmare

Thanks, Bryno, I was already thinking about Virginia's. But we have to wait for our flight, what is only sure about six months before departure, I fear at that moment, most rooms will be occupied.

Merced, California
Destination Expert
for Killarney
Level Contributor
3,455 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cork - kenmare

For a list of coach hire companies based in Cork County you can check out http://www.bushq.com/Cork/index.htm

Kenmare, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Kenmare
Level Contributor
283 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cork - kenmare

Yes it is possible to do all your travelling with this company who are local to Kenmare...

Web www.Kenmarecoachandcab.com

Mail info@kenmarecoachandcab.com

They know this whole area so well and might arrange pick up from airport too.

Hope you have a great holiday here...

Florida
Level Contributor
1,312 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cork - kenmare

Butlers is great, we have used them for our groups for four years.

Limerick
12 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: cork - kenmare

Hi there,

You could fly into Cork or Shannon and rent bus from there. There are plenty of tour bus providers in Kerry you could look at. As for a place to stay, have you looked at the self catering options. Have a look at this site....

www.irishselfcateringhomes.com/County.aspx…

Vhect out pages 13, through 19 for places in Kenmare

8. Re: cork - kenmare

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2009, 02:19