We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Laundry

Which Kenmare hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,366 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Laundry

I will be in Kenmare during the mid-point of my trip to Ireland this summer. By that time, I will need some fresh underwear LOL. Is there a laundry place that I could drop off early in the morning, have someone do it for us, and pick up at the end of the day. I do not want to waste time sitting in a laundry when i shold be touring.

What would something like this cost?

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
51,905 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Laundry

"Is there a laundry place that I could drop off early in the morning, have someone do it for us, and pick up at the end of the day. I do not want to waste time sitting in a laundry when i shold be touring."

That's the ONLY kind of laundry service they have in Ireland, I've never seen a self-service "laundromat" like in the States (and presumably Canada?) where you sit and watch your laundry spin around for hours lol.

They're usually, (not always) called a "launderette" in Ireland, when I need one I just ask my B&B host. But I haven't done it in a couple years, can't recall the cost.

Saginaw, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Western Ireland
Level Contributor
7,522 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Laundry

Found this for Killarney:

http://www.killarney.ie/shop.php?id=32

Nothing that I can find online for Kenmare. Doesn't mean it's not there, however. Locals will advise in due course.

and this is a Laundry List, so to speak, for Ireland!! Again, probably not exhaustive, including one in Tralee, Co Kerry:

www.localbusinesspages.ie/category.asp…

Wales
Level Contributor
203 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Laundry

Hi, I have visited kenmare a few times, in fact i just got back last week from Kenmare. I dont recall ever seeing a launderette in Kenmare, however the guest house or hotel that you are staying in will surely be able to advise you of the location of one.

Kenmare, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Kenmare
Level Contributor
282 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Laundry

Yes there is a laundry in Kenmare and quite a large one too, they do the service you are looking for. The local phone number is 41394 its half a mile out of town on the N71 molls gap road in a small industrial area beside Kenmare furniture...

Hope this helps....

Whitney, Texas
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
12,735 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Laundry

just take enough to last the entire trip, or wash them out in your room and hang them on the radiator, they will be dry by morning....you can buy extra underwear cheaper than paying someone to was your old dirty drawers....hehehehehe....

Napa Valley
Level Contributor
289 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Laundry

We used the one in Killarney and it was 12 euro for a full load. Much more reasonable than our hotel which was 6.50 euro for one pair of jeans.

7. Re: Laundry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2009, 02:20