We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dunkerron woods holiday village Sneem Road Kenmare?

Dublin
Level Contributor
36 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Dunkerron woods holiday village Sneem Road Kenmare?

Has anyone stayed here before on a self catering holiday? How is the place?Cant find any reviews of this place on the net.

Kenmare, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Kenmare
Level Contributor
288 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dunkerron woods holiday village Sneem Road Kenmare?

Hi Rangas, all i can tell you is that this holiday village is about 2 miles out of town and all the houses are fairly new, i have been in a few of them and they are well kitted out. The grounds are well maintained, plenty of space around each house.

Tim...

Dublin
Level Contributor
36 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dunkerron woods holiday village Sneem Road Kenmare?

Thanks for that Tim

Will probably go for it and see what happens!

cork
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dunkerron woods holiday village Sneem Road Kenmare?

Did you find it okay?

I am the same, I can't find any reviews on the net and we are going for 2 weeks this Saturday. Was wondering if there was internet access, DVD player (not expecting weather to be great!!)

Dublin
Level Contributor
36 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dunkerron woods holiday village Sneem Road Kenmare?

Yeah...we did end up spending the May Bank Holiday weekend there...and absolutely loved it.

Its a relatively new development (about 3 - 4 years old acc: to the manager Kathleen.Its about a mile outside Kenmare on the Sneem (Ring of Kerry) Road. There's about 20 or so cottages...plenty of space between cottages...so quiet and private...The cottage was clean and tidy and looked well maintained.

I dont think they have internet/wifi access but there was a TV with a built in DVD player

Cork
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dunkerron woods holiday village Sneem Road Kenmare?

Hi all

I am considering booking a house in Dunkerron for two weeks in July, the photo's look lovely, is the real thing similar?, I have baby boy/ infant is there room in the garden for him to crawl around?, also is there a beach nearby, I've done numerous google searches for beach near Kenmare and can't find details of any?? All advice appreciated, our first family holiday and really want it to be special.

Thanks a mill

Kenmare, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Kenmare
Level Contributor
288 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dunkerron woods holiday village Sneem Road Kenmare?

Hi , yes there is a small beach about 3kms away turn left out of Dunkerron go past Pat Spillanes bar and take the next road on the left at the old church {which is also a restaurant called The Vestry} and straight to the end, its called Coss Strand. Also another beach at Derrynane which is a 30 minute drive away, this is a huge beach and in my opinion is the best in the country...

Tim...

Dublin
Level Contributor
36 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dunkerron woods holiday village Sneem Road Kenmare?

There's plenty of space around each cottage for children to play around and if I remember right there was also a common play area as well with swings etc.

Dublin
Level Contributor
168 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dunkerron woods holiday village Sneem Road Kenmare?

Cork Emma,

Just to let you know that although there is a fair bit of space between each holiday home, the gardens are not fenced off so you'd need to keep an eye on your toddler.

Otherwise, would recommend these houses, spacious and clean, distance from the town makes them fairly peaceful.

rennes
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Dunkerron woods holiday village Sneem Road Kenmare?

Bonjour , peut-on aller à pied des cottages au centre ville de kenmare, par un chemin ou bien la route principale. merci

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
6,589 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Dunkerron woods holiday village Sneem Road Kenmare?

Bonjour ireland_35 et bienvenue! Moi, je ne connais pas Kenmare mais j'essayerai de traduire votre question and je suis certain que timbo01 (l'expert pour Kenmare) ou quelqu' un d'autre pourra vous aider.

irelande_35 would like to know if it's possible to walk from the cottages to the centre of Kenmare, via a path or a main road.

Can anyone help?