We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

killarney or kenmare

Which Kenmare hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
memphis, tn
Level Contributor
715 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
killarney or kenmare

Which is more beautiful and more relaxing? The two or three places I wanted to stay on Dingle Peninsula were booked so I am considering a move down to Kenmare or Killarney. Please suggest one of the nicer places to stay in either Killarney or Kenmare. Which is most centrally located as we will want to tour the area for 3 nights? How long a drive is it to Dingle on the Dingle Peninsula?

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,392 posts
369 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: killarney or kenmare

Kenmare is more beautiful and more relaxing than Killarney.

This is not to say I don't like Killarney - I do, but Kenmare ticks both boxes you are looking for. By the way, one of your tour days could be over to Killarney by Molls Gap - a beautiful drive of about 50 minutes (not including stopping time for all that oooohing and aaaaahing and photo taking) There is an avoca shop with a little restaurant upstairs at Molls gap which isn't bad at all.

Virginias B&B right in Kenmare town centre is very welcoming and at some point you MUST walk into the grounds of the Kenmare Park hotel for a snoop !!! Treat yourself to a cocktail in the bar there.

memphis, tn
Level Contributor
715 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: killarney or kenmare

what is an avoca shop?

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
25,915 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: killarney or kenmare

www.avoca.ie

Dallas
Level Contributor
1,394 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: killarney or kenmare

Both places are beautiful, and I've stayed in Killarney the two times I've been to Ireland, but Kenmare is more relaxing! The last time I was in Killarney, it was a little bit more touristy than I remember...but it was still a wonderful town and would go back there again someday.

5. Re: killarney or kenmare

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 November 2009, 06:31