We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

authentic b&b in kenmare, walk distance to town, good val

Nova Scotia
8 posts
Save Topic
authentic b&b in kenmare, walk distance to town, good val

Hello,

My husband and teenage daughter are travelling to Ireland August 2010 with my parents. We are looking for good value but an authentic b&b with a personal touch. We would like to pay no more than $175cdn per room. Any suggestions?

This would be a base from which to travel around the area for a couple of days. Is there another location that is less commercial but still a good location?

Thanks,

Michele

Tracy, California
Level Contributor
244 posts
557 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: authentic b&b in kenmare, walk distance to town, good val

Whispering Pines fits your bill.

Kenmare, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Kenmare
Level Contributor
285 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: authentic b&b in kenmare, walk distance to town, good val

Hi, i would also suggest that you have a look at this b&b.

www.watersedge.com .Its in a marvelous location .

There are so many good b&bs in kenmare that its hard to put one above another. Try these two sites as well www.kenmare.ie and

www.neidin.net both of these have lists of places to stay...

Tim....

Level Contributor
81 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: authentic b&b in kenmare, walk distance to town, good val

A group of six of us stayed at the Sea Shore Guesthouse last September. It is located a mile from Kenmare, so it may be a bit beyond your walking distance. Accommodations are clean, the breakfast is great and the views from the rooms to the bay are wonderful.

For music I recommend the Coachman's located on one of the main streets.

http://homepage.eircom.net/~seashore

Level Contributor
81 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: authentic b&b in kenmare, walk distance to town, good val

A group of six of us stayed at the Sea Shore Guesthouse last September. It is located a mile from Kenmare, so it may be a bit beyond your walking distance. Accommodations are clean, the breakfast is great and the views from the rooms to the bay are wonderful.

For music I recommend the Coachman's located on one of the main streets.

http://homepage.eircom.net/~seashore

Nova Scotia
8 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: authentic b&b in kenmare, walk distance to town, good val

Thanks for your reply. Michele

Nova Scotia
8 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: authentic b&b in kenmare, walk distance to town, good val

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the help. I am finding that alot of places are already booked. Any suggestions for another B&B that would be a good base from which to see Ring of Beara/Kerry, Dingle and Killarney?

Thanks!

Michele

Kenmare, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Kenmare
Level Contributor
285 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: authentic b&b in kenmare, walk distance to town, good val

Hi michele, august is the busiest time of year in Kenmare more so towards the15th when there is a big fair here so b&bs are going to be busy. Try Annagry house they have recently finished major works there and its a great place to stay, here is the link www.annagryhouse.com

If you cant stay there let me know and i will make a few calls to some other places..

Tim...

Nova Scotia
8 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: authentic b&b in kenmare, walk distance to town, good val

Hi again, Tim

Are you familiar with Tara Farm or The Ford B&B? The both look very nice, although there were some critical reviews of Tara Farm from a few years ago that did not sound very good.

Thanks for helping! This is our first trip to Ireland; my parents have always dreamed of this. We would like something with a bit of character and if it means a little drive to Kenmare no problem. Obviously the service is of utmost importance. I know there are villages like Bonane and Sneem that are not far from Kenmare that may also offer something?

Michele

pennsylvania
Level Contributor
183 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: authentic b&b in kenmare, walk distance to town, good val

I stayed at Tara Farm last September. I personally didn't have any major issues. The 2nd floor room we stayed in was very clean, large and beautiful. We had an incredible view of Bantry Bay. That room is kind of like their "honeymoon suite". But it's situated right over the breakfast area, so noise does bleed thru in the morning, so it may not be condusive to sleeping late. It's about a 10-15 minute walk to Kenmare down a very narrow country lane. I'd definitely stay there again. The farm is beautiful.

Nova Scotia
8 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: authentic b&b in kenmare, walk distance to town, good val

Thanks so much! The Trip Advisor review looked a bit leery but it was a while ago so thanks for a more current review. The accomodations sound/look lovely (aside from the noise you mentioned), but were the hosts friendly? This was the specific remark I found concerning. The people in a place like this can make the experience so much better!

Michele