We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lunch in Kenmare

Which Kenmare hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
uk
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Topic
Lunch in Kenmare

I will be in Kenmare next week with my elderly mother.Can anyone recommend some where for a nice lunch?

Most of the restaurant web sites don't have menus or prices.

We would like some good Irish fare, not too fancy.

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Lunch in Kenmare

Hi,

Nowadays it's hard enough to find some good irish fare, restaurants have branched out more and Kenmare is no exception. Anytime I'm passing through myself I eat in Jam, which has excellent food, a nice open fire if you're lucky enough to get the table next to it, and its prices aren't over the top! Enjoy your visit!

Earth
Level Contributor
1,751 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Lunch in Kenmare

The Poet's Bar inside the Lansdowne Arms Hotel is very nice with good food. Not too expensive with a nice atmosphere.

I also agree that Jam is a very nice cafe but it can be quite a crush at lunchtime and the tables are jammed into a tiny room. The Purple Heather & Foley's are good also.

uk
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Lunch in Kenmare

Thank you both for the advice.

The jam sounds great but maybe the poet's bar would be more to my mother's taste!

Whitney, Texas
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
11,586 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lunch in Kenmare

oxford, we loved casey's restaurant on sneem road....gorgeous food and price reasonably too....it is just down the road from the rosegarden b&b.....

great atmosphere, nicely set table, and a great wait staff...

hope this helps.....

uk
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Lunch in Kenmare

Thank you Oma

I had a look at Caey's web site. Their menu looks great.