We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hores races

Plymouth, WI
Level Contributor
20 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
hores races

I will be in Kenmare with my extended family (ages 8 to 71) in June (19 & 20). We are interested in possibly going to a horse track but are having a difficult time finding one in the area. Is there one nearby that has races that day? Are the horse tracks family friendly? If horse races aren't an option for us we are open to suggestions for the area. (We are not interested in the Ring of Kerry)

Dingle, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
10,941 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hores races

The nearest racing I can find for you is Limerick on the 20th, that would be a full day's outing from Kenmare, and while horse racing is very family friendly, as in everyone is welcome, I do think you need an interest in horses and racing to make it a worthwhile day.

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
27,023 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hores races

Perhaps the OP might contact TA and ask them to correct the unfortunate title of the thread. I was expecting something much racier ;o)

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
53,584 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hores races

LOL - same here!

Dublin
Level Contributor
2,280 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: hores races

The stilettoes would sink into the ground too quickly.

North Lanarkshire...
Level Contributor
615 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hores races

I had to stop myself from commenting earlier. So glad to see others who're able to lower the tone as much as me ;-)

Apostrophes are wonderful :-)

Beaufort, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Galway
Level Contributor
3,983 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hores races

This thread promised so much but delivered so little :-((

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
11,353 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hores races

Had a pupil(with dyslexia) once write " Daddy loves to ride hores, mammy doesn't want him to." It will appear in my book of children's clangers some day.

Nothing in Kerry that weekend, will you be anywhere else during your stay?

Dingle, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
10,941 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: hores races

Oh go on then, I was trying not to sink that low but here goes,

for hores racing you need to be in Laytown.

9. Re: hores races

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 May 2015, 06:17