We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pax house

Charlestown, Rhode...
Level Contributor
261 posts
18 reviews
Pax house

Looking for some advice. Looking for recommendations from anyone that stayed at the Pax house. Will be staying there in the Fall. Is the room with a view worth the price? If we are going to be out most of the day do you suggest getting the room with the view or one without. Thanks for your help.

11 replies to this topic
Dingle, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
15,951 posts
21 reviews
1. Re: Pax house

What are your dates? Just wondering what time is sunset. And what is the price difference?

Charlestown, Rhode...
Level Contributor
261 posts
18 reviews
2. Re: Pax house

We are going to be there the week of sept 9. A snug double bedroom without view is 130 euro per night. That’s on the first floor not that that matters to us. A comfy non sea view double bedroom is 140. A terrace double bedroom with view is $195. And a cedar double bedroom with view is $210. Those are the available rooms as of today

Charlestown, Rhode...
Level Contributor
261 posts
18 reviews
3. Re: Pax house

The terrace bedroom looks awesome.

Dingle, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
15,951 posts
21 reviews
4. Re: Pax house

Personally I would want the room with a view, you will get the sunrise at around 7am.

I have never stayed there, but I share the view. We bought our house because of it.

I have not shut my bedroom curtains in four years.

Charlestown, Rhode...
Level Contributor
261 posts
18 reviews
5. Re: Pax house

Thanks. The view does look amazing and I'm sure it will be worth it

Dingle, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
15,951 posts
21 reviews
6. Re: Pax house

PS. To us first floor is up one flight of stairs, rooms downstairs are called ground floor, Does catch some out I know. Doesnt matter much as regards the views at Pax because they are at the top of the hill.

Charlestown, Rhode...
Level Contributor
261 posts
18 reviews
7. Re: Pax house

Thank you so much. Now I just have to figure out where to stay for one night between single and the Connemara loop and I’ll be all set. Thanks again

Plymouth...
Level Contributor
301 posts
22 reviews
8. Re: Pax house

We spent 2 nights at the PAX House in September. One of the best B & B's I've stayed at. We had a room on the 1st floor with a view that I thought was excellent. Having a room with a great view was a nice convenience given the fact we usually do not spend that much time in our rooms while on vacation. The PAX House has a terrific sun room where you can relax and enjoy the wonderful views 24/7. Also the breakfast room has excellent views. Based on the price difference I'd opt for a sea view room but if none were available it wouldn't be a deal breaker.

Charlestown, Rhode...
Level Contributor
261 posts
18 reviews
9. Re: Pax house

Update. My dates had to change. I ended up booking The top of the house room. Thanks for all the help

Rhode Island, USA
Level Contributor
514 posts
23 reviews
10. Re: Pax house

Josephine - fellow Rhode Islander, we too are from Southern RI :).

We are staying at Pax House but in August. Looks lovely reminds me of Ocean House in Westerly. We are choosing the sea view with terrace as we will likely be sight seeing most of the time. Can't wait for this leg of our journey!

Reply to: Pax house
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Dingle