We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best route from Shannon airport?

Ohio
Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Best route from Shannon airport?

We will be driving to Dingle from Shannon airport and are wondering if it is best to take the southern route through Limerick, or should we go the more northern-western route and take the Killmer-Tarbert ferry? We prefer the least-busy route for our first day of driving on the left! (We arrive in Shannon at 9:30 a.m. on a Wednesday in June.)

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick
Level Contributor
27,747 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best route from Shannon airport?

The roads are better going through Limerick - and while you will meet traffic going through Limerick, IMHO it would be better.

You will also be able to stop in Adare Village (www.adarevillage.com) a tourist destination in itself.

Colorado
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Best route from Shannon airport?

When we were there we also took the Limerick route and it took us about 2 1/2 to 3 hours to get from Shannon to Dingle. I heard that there was not much point in getting the ferry!

Oud-Turnhout...
Level Contributor
129 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best route from Shannon airport?

Last years, I always drove from Shannon to Adare and further on Killarney and Kenmare. I returned for visiting the Burren and Connemara, taking the ferry.

4. Re: Best route from Shannon airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2009, 12:23
Get answers to your questions about Dingle
Recent Conversations