We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stag party in Dingle?

Which Dingle hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
dublin
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Stag party in Dingle?

Would Dingle be a suitable place for a stag. We would be 25-55years old looking for pints and craic?

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
511 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stag party in Dingle?

Hi Stag101

Absolutely! There are over 50 pubs within a ten minute walk of each other,catering to all ages and tastes.Most of them do good pub grub too. Or,depending on numbers ,you could look at renting a minibus (with driver !) to bring you on a pub crawl around the Peninsula. There is lots of accomodation options from hostels to Hotels. But depending on time of year they can get booked out early so book ahead.

Its a long drive from Dublin thou , or else a train and bus journey...ok on way down but not so good with hangovers on way home!!!!

Enjoy!

Dingle, Ireland
Level Contributor
392 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Stag party in Dingle?

Most pubs especially in Main Street loath stag parties as they tend to be noisy and troublesome

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
511 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stag party in Dingle?

Gosh Dingle999 ,are you always so negative!

My husband is from there and his family all live there so we visit every 8 weeeks or so and i have always seen stags and hens having a great time ,

and spending lots of money that I am sure the pub like, as they earn very little in the winter months.

Don't presume that every stag night is troublesome...not very welcoming!

Dingle, Ireland
Level Contributor
392 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Stag party in Dingle?

Hmm I live in the town name the pubs who like stags? I can name at least 5 on main street who do not

Tourists indeed do not like them SAVIOR

Dingle, Ireland
Level Contributor
392 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Stag party in Dingle?

50 pubs ??? Name them? What are you talking about? 25 is about right. Get your facts right

Limerick, Ireland
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Stag party in Dingle?

Well done dingle999 for speaking up. The B/B's in Dingle don't like stag and hen nights either.

Dingle, Ireland
Level Contributor
392 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Stag party in Dingle?

Thanks Bommer,

The town is way too small for stags/hens. Tourists want to have fun without large groups of people getting drunk and causing noise/mayhem until 3 am in the morning. There is indeed one bar in main street that has a complete ban on stags/hens. There must be a reason for this

I have seen stags parties in the Temple Bar Dublin and they were loud/rude and often looking for a fight

Co. Kildare
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
8,417 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Stag party in Dingle?

Can I please ask the following question?

Dingle is our favourite place in Ireland and we go there as often as we can. How do you distinguish between stag parties and local parties and tourist parties? We have been to so many pubs in Dingle town and there was usually some party going on. I have witnessed disgraceful behaviour by locals and tourists (from the four corners of the world) but have never seen a stag party misbehaving in Dingle (not saying this mightn't happen). I mean where do you draw the line between groups of people saying they're looking for 4 or 5 twin rooms because they want to go diving or fishing and groups looking for accommodation for a stag party? How do you know? I can tell you from experience that staid respected academics can be just as bad or even worse than the more boisterous stag parties. So it's okay for some people to disrupt the peace not others?

So the solution would be: ban all group bookings! Yes, No? Come on, think again: there are many stag and hen parties that won't disrupt the usual flow of things. stag101 is probably just looking for a good place to celebrate his or a friend's last goodbye to bachelorhood and good luck to him! I hope his intended is having just such a well-behaved good time somewhere else.

Facit: you have badly behaved stag parties but you also have well-behaved stag parties.You have badly behaved hiking parties and you also have well-behaved hiking parties. You have badly behaved foreign or "native" tourists. Doesn't matter where you go, it's the same the whole world over.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
511 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Stag party in Dingle?

Thank you Clauds ...my point exactly!

The Kerry team even had one of their stag nights there, but some of them are locals so maybe thats alright ! ! !

And Dingle999 ,before you correct me there are indeed over 50 licensed establishments in the town , from the Skelligs , right thru the town to out past the Indian place. We listed them last year while sitting in one of them.

County Clare...
Destination Expert
for County Clare, Aran Islands, Bunratty, The Burren
Level Contributor
8,373 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Stag party in Dingle?

No idea as to quantity of puns in Dingle - but maybe fill in any omissions from-

www.ratemypub.ie/findres.php?publoc=dingle

- and then do a head count?

There are many missing in all areas of the country-and this could be the settling of one of the world's first cyber pub rows!!!

Ferdia