We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baywatch B+ B Dingle Town

Bantry, Co. Cork
3 posts
Save Topic
Baywatch B+ B Dingle Town

A very disappointing place - not to recommend.

I did book for some family members a single night end of January '09: One double and two single rooms. The website boasted: High pressure showers in all rooms, Jacuzzi baths, Superking doubles with sea views, Central heating, Tea&Coffee facilities....for a reasonable price - that sounded attractive.

On arrival 8 hours later there was only one double and one twin room available. My family could live with that. The place was cold. On request for more heating they were told the heating would come on later automatically - which did not happen: the night was freezing.

The power showers turned out to be mildly dripping shower heads, partly blocked up by limescale. No sign of a jacuzzi baths in any of the rooms. And equally no tea & coffee facilities. And obviously in the middle of the town: no chance of sea view. -

The attractive description in the website has no resemblance with the reality. It's sad to see some people destroying the good reputation of Ireland's B+Bs by luring guests into their houses with incorrect/incomplete information.

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,528 posts
368 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Baywatch B+ B Dingle Town

oneill, you should copy and paste your post above and send it to the two site below.

It sounds like Baywatch is doing a spot of false advertising there.

www.dingle-peninsula.ie/contact.html

Send your complaint to this email address also www.corkkerryinfo@failteireland.ie

It may not change much but at least you'll feel better.

Guernsey, United...
Level Contributor
5,199 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Baywatch B+ B Dingle Town

oneill09

Oh what a shame, when there are so many quality b+bs in Dingle. I remember there was a discussion here on the forum about Baywatch last summer:

http://tinyurl.com/d7w3tx

The reviews for Baywatch here on TA are very inconsistent, which I think speaks volumes.

Bantry, Co. Cork
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Baywatch B+ B Dingle Town

Thanks for that - have done so - may be somebody reads and .....acts ??

Dingle, Ireland
Level Contributor
392 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Baywatch B+ B Dingle Town

Tourism is already bad here in Dingle. I am sorry about your experience. The hotels in Dingle have reduced their prices to 30 to 35 Euros p.p.s. This could be the death of the B&Bs in Dingle and also in Ireland

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
11,386 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Baywatch B+ B Dingle Town

Funny how all three of the OP posts are knocking this b and b, I smell a large furry rodent

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
11,386 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Baywatch B+ B Dingle Town

dingle 999, I thought you WEREN'T in Dingle, make up your mind !!

Dingle, Ireland
Level Contributor
392 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Baywatch B+ B Dingle Town

I visit Dingle on a regular basis. In regards to the Baywatch B&B

On one website http://www.baywatch-dingle.com/ it states "Superking doubles with sea views" There are no sea views from the premises from people who have stayed there

and on another website http://www.baywatchbnb.com/ it states that the B&B is with Town and Country - not true - it is not listed with Town and Country

And on the same website http://www.baywatchbnb.com it states that the B&B is with Bord Failte - not true - it is not listed with Bord Failte

And I checked the Town & Country Website / and and the Bord Failte website - no mention of Baywatch

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,528 posts
368 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Baywatch B+ B Dingle Town

Harvey... I gather from other posts that Dingle999 lives in Dingle for the Summer months - lucky chap(ette)

Dingle, Ireland
Level Contributor
392 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Baywatch B+ B Dingle Town

"Funny how all three of the OP posts are knocking this b and b, I smell a large furry rodent"

Lol HarveyIreland you dont mind B&B owners offering false advertising ? As stated Benners Hotel and the Skellig Hotel are now offering 35 Euro p.p.s . Many B&Bs will cease to exist in Dingle this year as they cannot compete against the hotels. 97 % of the B&Bs in the Dingle area offer excellent service etc but sadly there are others who want to make a quick buck etc. I fear for the death of the B&B industry in Dingle and Ireland

Btw Harvey have you ever stayed at or even seen the Baywatch B&B premises ? If not why dont you book a 3 night there ? And please tell people what was your experience was like?

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,528 posts
368 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Baywatch B+ B Dingle Town

"I fear for the death of the B&B industry in Dingle and Ireland"

Agreed, even about 4 years ago in the midst of our 'Celtic Tiger' a very well renowned Dingle Gueshouse that I know of was feeling the pinch.

The only possible alternative is that the hotels, might close down faster than the smaller B&B's who may find it less difficult to ride out the storm, but who can predict anything these days eh?

Get answers to your questions about Dingle