We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coumniole Cottage

Massachusetts
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Coumniole Cottage

We found this cottage on Homeaway.com Has anyone stayed here or have any information about this cottage and any info about Slea Head Drive.Thanks.

Is the tour bus route on Slea Head Drive?

Folsom, California
Level Contributor
368 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coumniole Cottage

Couldn't find it on Homeaway.com - do you have a property ID # for it?

Coumenoole strand is one of my favorite places in all of Ireland. We had the entire beach to ourselves for a day in March 20008 and brought the kids there this year - and spent half a day there in March 2009 - with 75 degree weather and sun.

Ah . . . .

Earth
Level Contributor
1,751 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Coumniole Cottage

Several people on the Fodors forum have stayed at the cottage. Maybe do a search there?

england
Level Contributor
5,438 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coumniole Cottage

Coumenoole is stunning. Envy you if you stay there. What is your question about the Slea Head drive? dont quite understand it. Most tour buses that venture west of Dingle do the Drive, (clockwise),

the views beat the Ring of Kerry hands down, are you concerned about traffic? You dont say what time of year you are going, but,yes, there can be several buses, having said that, they dont arrive til lunchtime in Dingle and are usually all gone by 5pm, heaven must be very similar to a fine evening on Coumenoole

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
5,248 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Coumniole Cottage

I think the cottage was mentioned in a thread afew months ago. Stunning location and would be a real experience of Ireland. I think if there was any buses passing it wouldn't effect somebodies enjoyment of staying there. There would only be a handful I would imagine anyhow as people mostly tour Ireland by car these days!

www.couminolecottage.com

Cabo San Lucas...
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Coumniole Cottage

My Nan (Grandmother) was born in this house, but it has been out of the family ownership for many years now and I do not know much about the current owners or their rental arrangements. I always stop by for a few minutes when I am visiting the area and remember Nan. I honestly can't think of a more beautiful spot to stay. Yes there will be some traffic and tour buses but the parking/viewing spot is some way down from the cottage, they should will all be gone by sunset when you are enjoying a glass of wine in the garden. The cottage was on the cover of the Ireland calendar a few years back and naturally draws some tourists.

The cottage is very small and for a couple, but if you stay there perhaps imagine for a moment that it was once home to 11 people and their various sheep chickens etc!

Have Fun

West Yorkshire, UK
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Coumniole Cottage

Does anyone know of other houses to rent in this area? After an almighty mix up we thought we had booked a house directly opposite couminole beach (set up a bit in the hill - grey with a blue door).

However it turned out that the letting company had mixed up images so it wasn't there house to let. Have been trying to track it down but have had not luck!

If anyone knows the house and how it can be rented please let me know...

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Coumniole Cottage

website is Couminolecottage.com. If you google couminole cottage, you will see several links to fodors reports about staying there.

Good luck!

Alabama
Level Contributor
194 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Coumniole Cottage

Have you looked at Dunquin Cottage? Google these words and you'll find the site. Its nearby in Dunquin.. just right for 2 people. Owners are lovely to deal with.

Iowa
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Coumniole Cottage

Just got back from a trip there. It is wonderful is most every way. what are you questions?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
21 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Coumniole Cottage

I have also stayed at Couminole Cottage.....I was there in 2009 in late May and I'm going to be there for the same week this coming May as well.

Fantastic place and so much to do in the area. Every day I would just stare in awe at the mountainside and then back to the ocean. Truly amazing, if you have questions I'd be happy to help you.

Get answers to your questions about Dingle