We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

looking for accomadation suggestions.

Which Dingle hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
uk
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
looking for accomadation suggestions.

Going to a wedding in the dingle skellig hotel, can anyone suggest a good B&B within a few minutes walking distance of the hotel.

Co. Kildare
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
8,460 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: looking for accomadation suggestions.

One of the nearest B&Bs would be Bambury's (website: www.bamburysguesthouse.com/). I have stayed there and find it quite nice.

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
115 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: looking for accomadation suggestions.

Hi Henry,

I'd concur with Clauds, however I stayed in Benners recently in town (I was also attending a wedding at the Skelligs) and it was really easy to get a taxi, plus Benners was brill. I have also stayed self catering in An Capaill Dubh and was great too.

Have a lovely time....M.

Dublin Ireland
Level Contributor
244 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: looking for accomadation suggestions.

Hi

I would recommend Ashe's B&B on the Main street - near Benner's. They have just a few rooms above the pub. The service is great, the rooms are pretty basic. Its very good value. The pub downstairs was buzzing the weekend we were there (September) with a lot of locals as well as the tourists. The food in the pub was among the best we had on the trip.

Its probably not walking distance to the hotel - well not after a day out at the wedding but the hotel or the pub will arrange taxis for you no problem and the journey would be very short.

Ireland
Level Contributor
202 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: looking for accomadation suggestions.

Bamburys is one of the better ones in town I believe especially where food is concerned ( I have heard that it is only 1 of 3 B&B's in the Peninsula that do organic, home cooked food, breads, etc - the other two being Greenmount House and An Riasc. And even better it is only a 3 minute walk from the hotel. Would be interested to hear what you thought of it.

Co. Kildare
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
8,460 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: looking for accomadation suggestions.

I did not mention the Captain's House in Dingle because henry wanted a B&B close to the Dingle Skellig. This B&B is in town and just a few more minutes further than Bambury's. I don't know about organic but their breakfast is exceptional, with home baked bread and scones. AND they do a wonderful cheese platter with local and Irish cheeses, oh, I am beginning to drool over my keyboard again...

Dingle, Ireland
Level Contributor
392 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: looking for accomadation suggestions.

For a complete listing of B&BS in Dingle go to http://www.dingle-region.com/bed.htm

Hope this helps

Massachusetts
11 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: looking for accomadation suggestions.

Try Maggie O'Flaherty's Emlagh Lodge, NOT Emlagh House. It's very close to the hotel along the path out front. http://www.emlaghlodge.com/