We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

House of Four Angels

Which Dingle hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Nebraska
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Topic
House of Four Angels

Does anyone have any current information on the "House of Four Angels" which is a bed and breakfast near Inch on the Dingle Peninsula?

Is it still operating and if so, how would someone get in contact with the owner/operator?

Nebraska
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: House of Four Angels

It is very interesting that a query about a property with such distinguished ratings/reviews on TA, some no older than 2009, seems to elicit no feedback from the TA , even the Dingle experts.

Is there a mystery here?

Edited: 19 January 2011, 02:25
Grayslake, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,055 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: House of Four Angels

This property is in Inch, which is kind of off the beaten path - the DEs prob don't get out there too often.

If you look at the reviews of the B&B, here on TA, you can see that the most recent stay there was Sept. '08. I doubt if they are still in business.

Nebraska
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: House of Four Angels

Thanks Trintraveler. It would seem that they are likely not operating though I'm curious as to why they remain on the list if they are not still a going concern.

In any event, there are so many others to choose from that we will find good match for our trip in June.

Grayslake, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,055 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: House of Four Angels

I saw a picture of that B&B on the internet - beautiful setting!

Yes, TA doesn't seem to remove the reviews of places that have closed. Checking the dates of the reviews can help. For a popular Dingle B&B, I would expect to see reviews all the way into about Oct. 2010, or so.

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,398 posts
369 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: House of Four Angels

Volleyman,

Do not be curious as to why the property remains on the list if they are not still a going concern, this is not unusual.

There is a hotel 3/4 way down the list of hotels in cork city that has been closed for 3 years.

The problem is that there is nowhere (that I know of) to get this information to the powers that be at TA.

Maybe TA should consider providing Destination Experts with an alert button to notify them of properties that are no longer trading.

Cavan
Destination Expert
for County Cavan
Level Contributor
4,467 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: House of Four Angels

I don't agree, it is not the duty of TA to fulfil the roll of the local tourism authority. Our roll ae DE's is just to 'advise' visitors using our own local knowledge and expertise.

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,398 posts
369 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: House of Four Angels

Well then Cavan, we must agree to disagree.

Ventry, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle Peninsula
Level Contributor
7,240 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: House of Four Angels

I know the house to see, as it is in a prominent position on the Dingle to Castlemaine road at Inch. I never knew it was called the House of Four Angels, and in fact never noticed that it was a B&B at all. I don't know if it is still trading, I cannot find it listed in the phone book.

I'll check it out next time I pass

Edited: 19 January 2011, 13:23
Nebraska
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: House of Four Angels

Thanks to you,Bryno, Cavan and Soonas, for your feedback. Whatever more information that can be uncovered will be appreciated. My BW and I will be spending 3 nights in/near Dingle in June and based largely on the Forum posts of yours that I read, we are very much looking forward to our time there.

Before Dingle, we have one night in Ballyvaughan and two nights in Clifden before heading to Dingle. After dingle, we have one week near Bantry for trips to Beara, Cork, Cobh and ???

Thanks again for your willingness to share your Irish passions.

Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
10,408 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: House of Four Angels

Inch has a beautiful beach, a shop ,pub or two and not much else. You'd be better off to stay in Dingle town or further out the pennisula, depending on what you want from your trip.

Get answers to your questions about Dingle