We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there enough in Dingle to stay for two nights?

Which Dingle hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
41 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Is there enough in Dingle to stay for two nights?

Hi! I'm flying into Shannon for 6 days, I plan to stay in the lower west area. I'm thinking of driving around for the 6 days in a circle. Example, from Shannon to Dingle to Kllarney to Cork and back up to Shannon. Do you think there is enough in Dingle to do two nights? Also, in that Circle, anything that's a must see, or a town that is a must stay? Thanks!

Dingle, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
9,583 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is there enough in Dingle to stay for two nights?

What type of thing are you looking for? There are 50 pubs, numerous restaurants, the marina and harbour, the town itself. an Aquarium for a wet day, you can take a boat ride, go horse riding, browse the shops, walk out to see the dolphin. There is something on every weekend.

In the surrounding area there are several stunning beaches, the Connor Pass, Slea Head drive, loads and loads of great walking, beehive huts, Gallarus oratory ,Kilmakedar church, numerous ruins and castles, and a forest trail, the Dingle Way runs around the peninsula. You can get out to the Blasket Islands, weather permitting, or go fishing.

I've been here six months and not yet gone off the peninsula, I'm working my way through things.

Beaufort, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Galway
Level Contributor
3,976 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is there enough in Dingle to stay for two nights?

Do you think there is enough in Dingle to do two nights?

Yes! Loads of beaches, scenery, mountains, Connor Pass, Castlegregory, 12 Mile Beach, Dun Chaoin, Blasket Islands, music, great pubs, good food, dolphin, Tralee, Annascaul ( home of Tom Crean, the Antarctic explorer, the best aquarium in Ireland ( by a long way), golf, surfing, hiking, cycling and most of the people are genuinely welcoming to boot.

England, United...
Level Contributor
1,674 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is there enough in Dingle to stay for two nights?

Definite yes, we spent a whole week in Dingle last summer, it wasn't enough. This year we spent 6 days before moving on to Killarney and Cork, but I still haven't done everything on my Dingle list, so I will be back next year!

Guernsey, United...
Level Contributor
5,199 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is there enough in Dingle to stay for two nights?

Another "yes" - I spent 3 nights in Dingle in April, accompanied by my daughter, and I'm heading back for 4 nights at the end of the summer for some "me" time. Loads I want to do: walking, shopping, photography, possibly a return to Blasket, lots of eating out, followed by more walks to burn off the calories. Some ideas for you to investigate:

Outdoor activities:

http://www.longsriding.com/

http://www.dingle-peninsula.ie/walklist.html

http://www.dingle-peninsula.ie/beaches.html

dodingle.com/Activities/water_sport_activiti…

http://www.dingle-peninsula.ie/golf.html

My favourite places to shop and eat:

tripadvisor.co.uk/GoListDetail-i19068-Best_o…

I'll spend at least a day on Slea Head :

tripadvisor.co.uk/GoListDetail-i19854-Dingle…

flickr.com/photos/…

I recommend staying in Dingle town if you want to have a good choice of restaurants, pubs, etc.

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
768 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is there enough in Dingle to stay for two nights?

Been to Ireland each of the past four years and we have spent four nights each year in Dingle. We plan on doing the same next trip. You will not run out of things to do in only two nights! Enjoy.

Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
9,935 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is there enough in Dingle to stay for two nights?

Lordy yes, I spend up to a month there since the 80s and still find new things!

Edited: 18 June 2014, 23:18
Dingle, Ireland
Level Contributor
392 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Is there enough in Dingle to stay for two nights?

Tabatha S

There are not 50 pubs in Dingle town even if you include restaurants ...

At the moment the weather is stunning ...

yes you have more choice of restaurants / pubs / shops in the town but some people like staying in Ballyferriter .. and they also have good food / pubs with trad music

Personally I think you need at least 3 nights to really experience the Dingle Peninsula .. Oddly I just posted this item on to my Blog this morning ... you might find it useful

The ultimate guide to a vacation to Dingle, Ireland

http://tmblr.co/ZFqLrv1JDQaMD

Florida
Level Contributor
1,015 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is there enough in Dingle to stay for two nights?

We've gone to Ireland 5 X, and spent 5 nights in Dingle-- even went out to the Great Blasket Island, but still didn't do everything that we wanted to do or could have done. Amazing music at night i the pubs------ I have to go back-- it's such a special place

Ellen

Salem, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
44 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is there enough in Dingle to stay for two nights?

5 nights in Dingle each visit or in total?

We're going in May, Shannon to Shannon, and are trying to determine how long we should stay.

Like you we will not drive and your posts have been a terrific resource.

Dingle, Ireland
Level Contributor
392 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Is there enough in Dingle to stay for two nights?

Actress Laura Dern was so impressed by west Kerry she wants to move there.

The Hollywood star was in Dun Chaoin last night where she received the Gregory Peck Excellence in Film Award from the Dingle International Film Festival.

"I'm in paradise," Dern said. "I'm so happy. It's my first time to visit here but it won't be the last. I want to come again and again. I want to move here. It's gorgeous.

Laura Dern the actress had “the best food I ever had’’ in Ashe’s old-style pub, main street Dingle

https://www.facebook.com/TheDinglePeninsula…