We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Temple Bar to Malahide

Which Malahide hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Westminster...
1 post
Save Topic
Temple Bar to Malahide

I was wondering what is the best route from Temple Bar to Malahide and would you also recommend staying in Malahide opposed to Temple Bar if I have a 7:00am flight out of Dublin?

Dublin
Level Contributor
792 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Temple Bar to Malahide

Do you have a hire car, or are you using public transport?

Also what time are you going from Temple Bar to Malahide at?

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,575 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Temple Bar to Malahide

Also where are you flying to? If it's the UK you should be OK getting there an hour and a half before your flight, if it's transatlantic you'll need at least three hours. A taxi from Malahide will take about 15 minutes, from Temple Bar about 30 minutes. There's no bus connection from Malahide to the airport at that time and from the city centre you're only option will be the Aircoach. I think to get to the airport at that time Malahide would probably be an easier option.

During the day you can get from Temple Bar to Malahide by DART train, the nearest stop is Tara Street Station, which is on the south quays a five minute walk from the edge of Temple Bar. If you are planning a night out partying in Temple Bar and then want to get to Malahide a taxi is the only option.

Dublin
Level Contributor
792 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Temple Bar to Malahide

Just to note there is a regular Nightlink bus on a Friday and Sat night to Malahide.

Details at:

dublinbus.ie/en/…

scotland
Level Contributor
1,470 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Temple Bar to Malahide

Have you considered staying at the airport? there are 5 or 6 hotels at the airport. including the Holiday Inn Express ie around €70 to €90 per night. and only 2km from airport.................and that incs B/Fast.

Edited: 10 March 2011, 22:29
Baton Rouge
Level Contributor
10 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Temple Bar to Malahide

I am booked at the airport Hilton on Malahide Rd. Can I take a bus from Connolly Station?

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,575 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Temple Bar to Malahide

You can get the #27 across the road from Connolly Station dublinbus.ie/en/…

Baton Rouge
Level Contributor
10 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Temple Bar to Malahide

Thank you! We arrive from Wexford and I am thinking of storing bags and walking Dublin til tired, retrieving bags and taking bus to Hilton.Early flight out next morning. I noticed that Hilton has a shuttle that will take you to Malahide village for the evening. Should I do that instead? Also do you know how much lead time for flight to US?

Dublin
Level Contributor
299 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Temple Bar to Malahide

Malahide Village has brilliant seafood and lovely pubs if you were hoping for a relaxing final evening in a beautiful coastal setting. Check out Malahide Castle and maybe grab a pint at Gibney's pub if you've time!

www.enjoymalahide.com/

You generally need about 2.5-3 hours before an international flight. Also you go through immigration for the US in Dublin Airport, so generally allowing slightly more time is advised.

Happy travels!

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,844 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Temple Bar to Malahide

Tourism Ireland, you say - "Check out Malahide Castle ". I'm not exactly sure what you mean by that, because as far as I know, the castle building itself is closed at the moment for renovations, but you can walk the grounds.

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,844 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Temple Bar to Malahide

Malahide is a nice village by the coast, with a good atmosphere and a wide selection of restaurants.

You can also get #15 or #42 buses from city centre to the Hilton, the stop is about 200 yards from the hotel.

Three hours check in recommended for US flights.

Get answers to your questions about Malahide