We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clonakilty for a hen Party

Dublin, Ireland
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Clonakilty for a hen Party

Hi,

The people of Clonakilty probably groan out loud at the thought of a hen party - sorry!

Could anyone recommend a good/relaxed restaurant to go to on the Saturday night and brars/nihgtclub to go to afterwards. We are more into cheesy pop music than the traditional style! We are talking the start of September if that make any difference.

Mentioned in this post
Clonakilty
Clonakilty
County Cork, Ireland
Scannells Bar
££ - £££, Irish, Bar, European
farm
££ - £££, Fusion, Irish, European
Deasy's Pub & Fish Restaurant
££ - £££, Irish, Seafood, European
Cork
Level Contributor
16 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Clonakilty for a hen Party

Hi there,

Clonakilty is great for a hen, I hope ye have a great time.

Richy's is a great place to eat, great food and good for a crowd.

http://www.richysbarandbistro.com/

Pub wise, you cant really go wrong. They are all on two main streets,Pearse Street ( the main street) and Rossa Street.

On the main street you'll find Mick Finns, Kilty Stone and De Barras.

On Rossa street, Scannels is very good. Ask the locals and they will point ye in the right direction!

Mentioned in this post
Clonakilty
Clonakilty
County Cork, Ireland
cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
63 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Clonakilty for a hen Party

Im very late but just in case its handy for anyone in future

I moved to Clonakilty a few years ago so a blow in but I know my way around.

Every weekend theres at least one hen and their expected and welcome everywhere,

My favourite restraunts

The Market House

Richys

The Malt house.

For lunch you cant go wrong with The Courtyard (carpark behind spar)

If ye are big fish people theres Deasys a 5 minute drive outside clon and o'callaghan walsh's would with kinalses fishy fishy be among the best in Ireland

My favouite pubs

Scannels - massive outdoor area to the back.

Shanleys - good for live music wit a little beergarden.

DeBarras - Famous for live music.

There are plenty more.

Its really a pub crawl type of town. Stick your head in the door and its quite obvious whether its the type of place you want to spend time in or not. Most pubs have a nice mix of ages but theres the odd old mans pub and youngster pub.

Late night drinking

The Venue (in o'Donovans hotel) - Main room can be a little young whilst the front bar can be a little old! Usually a good enough mis though.

The Emmet - Younger crowd.

3RD one is a free in late bar a few doors from the venue and i cant think of the name - either the phoenix or mick finns - i think.

Edited: 27 January 2012, 20:04
Mentioned in this post
Clonakilty
Clonakilty
County Cork, Ireland
Ireland
Ireland
Europe
The Emmet Hotel
The Emmet Hotel
173 Reviews
Clonakilty, Ireland
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Clonakilty for a hen Party

Where is the best place to stay for a hen night.... About 30 of us...

2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Clonakilty for a hen Party

Where is the best place to stay for a hen night.... About 30 of us...

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,870 posts
375 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Clonakilty for a hen Party

The quality hotel really is the only option that I can think of. It's about 10 mins easy walk to the town from there.

www.qualityclonakiltyhotel.com

Alternatively would you consider renting some self catering houses? The hotel provides those also on the grounds.

Edited: 04 February 2012, 16:18
6. Re: Clonakilty for a hen Party

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 28 April 2017, 09:05
7. Re: Clonakilty for a hen Party

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 May 2018, 13:18
Get answers to your questions about Clonakilty