We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Galley Head Lightkeepers house

NJ
Level Contributor
268 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Galley Head Lightkeepers house

Hi:

I was wondering if anyone has stayed here recently or if anyone has heard anything about this place. Sounds nice! Thanks!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
233 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Galley Head Lightkeepers house

Hi Smitchik, I haven't stayed there, but I have heard good things from a small handful of people (3). Not much use really to you I'm sorry! Having said that, the location can't be beaten if Atlantic windswept if what you're after.

Good luck.

NJ
Level Contributor
268 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Galley Head Lightkeepers house

Thanks. I think I may give it a try...looks awesome!

NJ
Level Contributor
268 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Galley Head Lightkeepers house

bumping this post up...hoping someone has stayed here!!!

Half Moon Bay, CA
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Galley Head Lightkeepers house

My husband and I spent a lovely Christmas week there several years ago. The wind and waves were spectacular while we stayed warm and cozy in the practical, clean and lovely home relaxing in front of a warm peat fire and listening to tunes on RTE radio. The stunning location, and period appointments, and the light hour rising right in front of your window, make this a very special place. The kind friendly man taking care of the place (I believe his father was one of the original keepers) was charming and very helpful. To get some night life, take some winding but uncrowded roads into Clonakilty and squeeze your way into one of the several pubs offering great Irish tunes performed on all manor of traditional instruments. Our lighthouse experience was amazing -- better than we could have hoped.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Galley Head Lightkeepers house

Myself and my husband stayed in Galley Head last November and it was amazing. The sense of peace and quiet with Mother Nature just outside your window was sublime. I could recommend it with a heart and a half. If you stay in House One then the Lighthouse keeps watch over you as you sleep with its five magical fingers reaching out into the depths of the night.

6. Re: Galley Head Lightkeepers house

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2009, 13:17