We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting answers to accommodation requests in Kinsale

Santa Rosa, CA, USA
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Getting answers to accommodation requests in Kinsale

I have written to The Olde Bakery three times in three weeks trying to book a room for two nights in April, 2009. NO REPLY! AT ALL! I wrote to the email address on their website, and there has been no return mails. I have encountered this problem with other bed and breakfasts in Ireland too, all in attempting to book rooms for a night. What's up with that??? Anyone here LIVE in Kinsale and can possibly WALK a request over??? What other choices are left to me?

Michigan
Destination Expert
for Saint Joseph
Level Contributor
986 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting answers to accommodation requests in Kinsale

Pick a different B&B! We stayed at Woodlands House B&B and loved. I think they close down for a few months after Christmas -- but will still return you email inquiry. Good luck!

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,611 posts
370 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting answers to accommodation requests in Kinsale

They should rename it to 'Ye Cheekye Olde Bakery' !

Anyway, not sure if you've viewed these sites but I hope they will help you find an even better place, obviously The Olde Bakery are not interested.

www.kinsale.ie

www.kinsalenews.com

NJ
Level Contributor
66 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting answers to accommodation requests in Kinsale

We stayed at the Olde Presbytery and they were incredibly responsive and accomodating. Prettiest room we stayed in, too.

Earth
Level Contributor
1,751 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting answers to accommodation requests in Kinsale

We were extremely pleased at Woodlands. Large comfortable room, large bathroom, tea on arrival, friendly hosts, free computer in hallway, excellent breakfast. There was nothing we did not like.

Keep one thing in mind when booking B&Bs. Many are closed this time of year. Many will not take bookings till after the first of the year. B&Bs do have phone numbers that you can call. Email is not the only way of communication.

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,611 posts
370 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting answers to accommodation requests in Kinsale

Sally I agree with you about phoning a property and also the fact that some B&B's close for winter. However any business that provies an email address as a contact point should monitor their mail on a daily basis. Many people prefer to contact by email as it is also written proof of the transaction.

cork
Level Contributor
270 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting answers to accommodation requests in Kinsale

It's November. The town is dead quiet. They may be away for a month's holidays. Who can blame them?! :-)

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
108 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting answers to accommodation requests in Kinsale

I agree with Bryno - why give an e mail address if no-one is going to monitor it!

anyway - if you still want someone to pop in and find out what the story is I can do that for you no problem. My dad lives in Kinsale and I work for him so I'm down there 3 or 4 days a week. Just let me know if I can help

Al

Folsom, California
Level Contributor
368 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Getting answers to accommodation requests in Kinsale

I agree with all who said the email should be monitored. It is very simple to create an automatic reply if you plan on being away.

When in Kinsale in March 2008, we stayed at Desmond House and absolutely loved it.

Is the roadwork done there yet?

cork
Level Contributor
270 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Getting answers to accommodation requests in Kinsale

If there's a long delay in getting a response, look somewhere else.

No, the roadworks are still ongoing and will be for quite some time yet.

Yuma, Arizona
Level Contributor
39 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Getting answers to accommodation requests in Kinsale

How about the work at the Convent? When we were there in early 2007 they had started taking it down, how far along are they? and is it possible to get some pictures of what's happening with it?

Get answers to your questions about Kinsale