We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kinsale B&B help--honeymoon

Rochester, NY
Level Contributor
93 posts
Save Topic
Kinsale B&B help--honeymoon

We are honeymooning in Ireland this summer and are looking to stay 2 nights in/around Kinsale from August 1-3. We have vouchers through town and country homes. Our travel guide said that he has stayed at the Dooneen House previously and had good luck but in doing research the reviews seem a bit mixed.

Can anyone give an opinion on the following B&BS?:

-Harbour Hill Farm(great reviews but 3 km outside town)

-Dooneen House

-Murchu

-Tesben House

We would also be willing to split time to enjoy a B&B in-town one night and a B&B just outside town another.

Thanks!

Rochester, NY
Level Contributor
93 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Kinsale B&B help--honeymoon

Just an update about the voucher situation--

I emailed Newlands in Kilkenny where I booked as well as Dooneen house, Harbour hill, and rivermount.

Newlands, Dooneen house and harbour hill all responded quickly saying that they would all graciously take T&C vouchers for my stay in August. In fact, they all told me to notify the tourism board if I come across any specific properties that do not accept pre-booked vouchers. I have yet to hear back from Rivermount so we will see. Big relief.

Ireland
Level Contributor
546 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Kinsale B&B help--honeymoon

I think the days of Kinsale being so busy that you can't move around there are well gone. I wouldn't worry about that at all. The only busy weekend these days is the May Bank Holiday when the Rugby 7's are on. It would be wise to book accomodation in advance but other than that you'll be fine.

I'd recommend Shanghai Express for fab asian tapas and mains and good wine and beer all reasonably priced. Great atmosphere too.

Rochester, NY
Level Contributor
93 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Kinsale B&B help--honeymoon

^^Thanks I will try and book reservations in advance but as one of the B&B owners said sometimes at bank holidays dinner is first come first served.

I'll add the asian spot to the list. Thanks : )

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
15 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Kinsale B&B help--honeymoon

We just returned from there & we emailed all of the b&b's directly - not thru the Town & Country website, and we did not have any problems with our reservations. We were also there on a holiday weekend. If we were going to arrive early or late, we just let the owners know via email. We stayed at Danabel in Kinsale, and depending on what you're looking for, I would recommend it based on location. See our TripAdvisor review.

Kinsale
6 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Kinsale B&B help--honeymoon

Hi! Congrats on your forthcoming marriage! I'm based at the Trident Hotel in Kinsale and we take town & country vouchers through My Guide Ireland. We're a 4 star hotel perched right on the water's edge - a great loaction & if you mention you're on honeymoon, we'd do our best to upgarde you! But my advice would be the same as Sally's in terms of timing - can you come before or after the bank holiday?

Regarding places to eat... my 2 current favourites would be Max's for a special meal (but it's not too expensive) and The White Lady for great casual dining.

Happy planning!

Rochester, NY
Level Contributor
93 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Kinsale B&B help--honeymoon

char,

Thanks for the restaurant suggestions! for some reason trident does not come up when I search on the town and country website for availability for August 1st and 2nd. Is the hotel completely booked for that time? We'd most likely be interested in staying at least one of the nights. Our schedule is pretty set at this point so we will be doing kinsale/west cork area on august 1st and 2nd no matter what.

17. Re: Kinsale B&B help--honeymoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2010, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Kinsale
Recent Conversations